Am I an idiot? Borderline OCD content enclosed :)

Mr.Modeler

Inspired
So yeah, I'd rather be playing, didn't realize this would take so long. What is it you ask?

I organized all the presets into amp brands, then artist sounds and then the random presets that I'll never likely use.

Chewed up so much time but at least I got my workout in while waiting for the write operations to happen.

This will probably all get overwritten at some point in the future by some update lol.

Anyone else this crazy?

I’d love to hade it like that! 👌🏻 But don’t have the time and as u said prob be overwritten when a new preset set will come...

So yeah, I'd rather be playing, didn't realize this would take so long. What is it you ask?

I organized all the presets into amp brands, then artist sounds and then the random presets that I'll never likely use.

Chewed up so much time but at least I got my workout in while waiting for the write operations to happen.

This will probably all get overwritten at some point in the future by some update lol.

Anyone else this crazy?
Firmware Updates do not change Presets or Preset order.

Anyone else this crazy?
I am that crazy too - this is similar to how the AustinBuddy TonePacks are laid out/organized - by amp types.

OCD is a really debilitating illness, not some trivial way of organising your digital amps.
I find your comment completely inappropriate and not welcome in my thread.
I think both of you are being a bit extreme.

Yes, OCD can be a debilitating affliction for some but there are many who have mild forms. I don't think the OP was being intentionally offensive...

On the other hand, those who are afflicted with some condition, or who love someone who is, can be sensitive to pejorative terms that are bandied about without care.

As someone with a son on the autism spectrum, an autistic granddaughter and a grandson with Aspberger syndrome, I can identify with with that. Terms like "retarded" are pretty offensive... But used to be common vernacular.

Yes, I meant what do you use the colour coding for?
You can sort by color so if I want to see all the Marshall style presets I select green; Fender is blue, etc. I do the same for IRs, all the greenbacks are green, that way I don't have to google the wiki or go to the manufacturer and see what speaker was in the IR, it is color coded so I know. Of course outliers like K120, D120, Black shadow, etc, can't color code them all; but it really speeds up preset building if I can just select red and see all the Vintage 30 speaker cabs and orange for all the Mesa amps.

Green.jpeg
Red.jpeg

Anyone else this crazy?
Yours is a rhetorical question, but, honestly, the string search capability for presets is powerful IF you've given the presets a name that is significant.

FA could help if they'd also give us the ability to search through types of blocks, and the names of the devices being modeled in the blocks in a preset. Yes, it'd slow down a few operations a little, but the flexibility would be nice.

Or, maybe that's left for one of us ex-IT guys to do.

Back
Top Bottom