Alto TS210/212 or EV ZLX-12P?

Matt_B_77

Power User
Looking for opinions from those who have tried or owned the Alto TS210 (or 212) and the EV ZLX-12P.

I'm figuring out budget end FRFR solutions before I start looking at high-end solutions (Atomic, Xitone, etc.).

Both the Altos and the EV are in the same range (sub $500) and my gut swings me to the EVs but lots of folks like 'em both. Don't need anything to massive at this point and I might end up getting a pair for either running stereo or having 1 cab at home and another somewhere else.

I have I have not tried the Altos, but I'm really happy with the EVs. Great sound, portable, and affordable. I don't even think about upgrading to high end.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm also starting to consider the ZXA1s because they are so darn portable.

I have not tried the new Alto TS210, but I have the Alto TS110A, and prefer the ZLX. I do find the ZLX to be a bit scooped, but it is still one of the best sub $500 FRFR speakers you can find.

I bought all 3 to try from my local store,

Alto ts 210, EV zlx and yamaha dr10

Alto is really light but sound worst vs other 2

EV and dxr10, the yamaha is really good and super loud for their size, I end up with EV, their wedge form look great and sound great to my ear, still boomy but not like the alto

Anyone use EV can share EQ tip? How to dial out the bass and boomy and more clarity, i put iphone in and its sound good !!

I bought all 3 to try from my local store,

Alto ts 210, EV zlx and yamaha dr10

Alto is really light but sound worst vs other 2

EV and dxr10, the yamaha is really good and super loud for their size, I end up with EV, their wedge form look great and sound great to my ear, still boomy but not like the alto

Anyone use EV can share EQ tip? How to dial out the bass and boomy and more clarity, i put iphone in and its sound good !!
I have a pair of EV ZLX12 (passives). I went passive since I'm not a big fan of stringing AC mains all over the stage along with the line level audio. I bought the EV's for simple vocal monitoring with the idea of eventually going full FRFR, and I'm glad I did. I still use a 2x12 cab on stage, and just add a little guitar to the monitor mix to fill up the stage. I think the EV's sound great, and I agree they are a little bass heavy. I just reduce the 125 Hz GEQ a few dB in the monitor mix send. There's nothing in the vocals at 125 Hz anyway. I EQ only the monitor mix at the board so that I don't affect the FOH EQ. I'm very happy with the EV's.

Back
Top Bottom