Alto TS115A and AxeFX II PSA

nixerx

Inspired
I just picked up one of these Alto TS115A's as did my other guitarist. Holy crap! they sound better than any other config i've ever run with either of my axefx's (Ultra and II)

Pretty much every stock amp / cab sounds amazing with minimal tweaking. ( I spend some time on patch 383)

The down side is all my patches sound shitty :D

If you are thinking of going FR/FR check them out much less expensive than the K12 and the Mackies, loud as hell, and most mportantly they sound great.

Word. I can totally see why you wouldn't! I wish I started here, It would have saved so much aggravation!

Not at all. I mean there more LF being put out so you can adjust the filter, engage the cut, drop the depth or whatever many ways there are to tame outlandish freq's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont find one has enough volume or projection to work in a band context on its own. I currently own a single TS115a and I could get another to see if that helps but instead Im grabbing a 5153 50w head to run through a mesa 412 I got recently

Did you happen to try the 112's ? Curious as to how they compare. I am thinking about running a stereo set up with 2 of these, but still on the fence.

I dont find one has enough volume or projection to work in a band context on its own. I currently own a single TS115a and I could get another to see if that helps but instead Im grabbing a 5153 50w head to run through a mesa 412 I got recently
I can see what you are saying. We only have this issue when my drummer uses his acoustic kit. We are looking into a plexi cage for him. LOL

Did you happen to try the 112's ? Curious as to how they compare. I am thinking about running a stereo set up with 2 of these, but still on the fence.
I didnt. We have been running though JBL JRX125s for the past 6 months. The alto 15s are a noted upgrade in fidelity !

I have two of them also, one is definitely not enough for band volume. I went back using my 412 cab and bought dual recto as well as clark kent bought ehv 50w and 412 marshall cab.

But with two you get enough volume and the sound is ideed really good. I do recommend these for cheap frfr but you need two!!

i'd probably recommend two also, i only have one and the last band i was in it got kinda hard to hear myself until we started renting an hourly rehearsal room where i ran straight into the PA. i tried cutting all of the bass to get the volume louder without it farting out, i ended up putting it on top of my bassist's rig and it helped a bit but two would've totally done it, i just didn't have the cash

Back
Top Bottom