Alto TS115 opinions

harsh

Inspired
I've had my Alto TS115's for about 2 weeks now, and I waited till I'd played my Axe II through them a few times before posting any opinions here.

I tried a bunch of Mackies, the Yamaha DNS and the DNS series, and some other monitors that were displayed in London's Digital Village. After auditioning them all, I was going to go for a Yamaha DNX12, but then got offered a deal on a used pair of Alto TS115's and decided to give them a try. The Yamaha obviously sounds better, but not THAT much better. The only issue I can raise at this point is that the bass response on the Alto is not ultra tight...but that could just be because of the 15" speaker (the 12's are meant to be tighter). It actually, still not bad, mind you.

If you are on a budget, this is really not a bad option - I got a pair for less than the price of one Yamaha. Before I start getting flamed by the audiophiles, etc - please remember I'm only using them for personal monitoring on stage. I may try the TS112's at some point, but I'm pretty satisfied with them at this point. There you have it...my 0.2$...YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom