Alternatives to Gibson Custom?

I build guitars. (Not soliciting your business.) I've owned PRS and Gibson and I've built pretty fair copies of them and I've played a lot of other guitars too. I say that after all is said and done, if you want a Les Paul, only a Les Paul will do. You just have to find a good one. Don't worry about finding a new one, worry about finding a GOOD one. Incidentally, if it's an R8, R9, or R0, it's a STANDARD, not a CUSTOM.

The PRS singlecut is a great guitar. But it's not a Les Paul. It's its own thing. Same goes for other brands and their singlecuts.

I know that Gibson is still struggling with quality control. And other things, too. But a great Les Paul is a great Les Paul. Find one. One that isn't overpriced.

Definitely a little more of a vintage vibe so the cleans were nicer. Had no problem making it chunk though.

The Tremonti is great but I prefer a hardtail bridge.
You can buy the Tremonti with a wrap around tunamatic.....at least you use to. I believe you still can. Take out the Tremonti PU's and install some Suhr Thornbuckers......tonal bliss! Tremonti PU's are really great, but higher gain. I use to put Tremonti's in all my guitars, but recently put all Thornbuckers in and really love them!

Back
Top Bottom