Alternate tunings for guitar?

sgilsinger

Inspired
I was wondering if anyone has heard of a rackmount device that allows you to tune your guitar to standard tuning and program the device to let you play in alternate tunings? A friend told me he thought he saw something in a guitar magazine about this but now cant find it.If anyone knows of anything like this I would appreciate the info or link. Thanks.

I'm not aware of a rack-mount piece of gear that will allow alternate tunings with a standard guitar, but the Variax guitar will do that.

There are those tuners that do it for you... Though that would still be a pain on a double locking system I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yo' friend is playin' you for a fool, esse! :miserable:

The only way to do this is by having individual piezo's feeding individual parallel pitch algorithms. Or getting this:

Really cool as long as you have a guitar that has a head stock that they will fit on.

Tronical tune make them for a lot of headstocks.

Cooper Carter has a good demo on youtube using a strat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GR-55 plus a hexaphonic pickup (Roland GK3, Graphtech Ghost Piezo, etc). The GR-55 does guitar modeling, which is similar to tone matches on the Axe FX, and allows individual retuning of the strings on each patch. It has to be the modelled guitar sound, though. It doesn't work with your actual guitar's tone.

You can do it either with a Variax, GR55 or VG99 with a midi pickup will do the job.
Had the Variax and VG99 in the past, specially the Variax for about a year.
However I find that the VG99 was much more accurate than the Variax.

You might also check out the Peavey AT-200. It has Antares Auto-tune built in to do alternate tunings, etc. Also costs less than half the price of a Variax ($499 most places.) I haven't tried one out myself, but am curious about it.

TT

Do you guys think that maybe with the axe fx 3, this could be introduced with maybe a midi pickup introduced by fractal, because with the gr 55 the tuning works great but as one guy saidit has to be a modeled guitar from the gr 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom