Already thinking add an H9 to FM3... Anyone have or other good options?

For those running out of CPU on the FM, how many CPU intensive blocks are you using? I have a H9 and am considering a FM3 but I’d love it as an all in 1 unit if possible.

I'll throw my 2 cents in the round cause why not? I recently picked up a Nemesis Delay after struggling with getting the kind of delay tones I wanted. I worked all the delay and multi-delay blocks available for a while. Complex routing, 2112's Delay Designer and his other videos on YouTube helped a lot but couldn't get me there. In the end, couldn't be happier with having the Nemesis in an external stereo loop. I do enjoy the way the Fractal delays react in front of the amp block, but really wanted stereo, so the Nemesis was put to the task. Hard to say what it was about the Fractal delays in stereo after the amp that wasn't doing it for me. Lacked the character of all those classic delay units we tend to love. I'll keep tweaking the parameters of the various delay blocks since it's always nice to just have the all-in-one thing, but for now the Nemesis will stay. Could be user error or incompetence to be honest with you, but I gave up.
Interestingly, I've got a Ventris as well but I prefer the way the Fractal verbs at a higher quality setting work. Have trouble getting the Ventris to blend naturally with the FM3. Still might need to do some tweaking with the Ventris to have it beat the Fractal stuff. However, I've got a little room in the CPU to run the Fractal verbs at Ultra High since the rest of my chain is usually Drive --> Trem --> Amp --> Cab -->(parallel path) Reverb, so the Ventris might just be unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom