[already in there] Adjustable "Global" Input Gain by Preset

OGG

i have had some luck turning down the input gain to increase the articulation in my high gain settings. it would be nice if the now Global input gain could be adjusted per preset. i know there are other such options within the presets, but still, such an overall option might be easier, at least for me, in terms of playing a few different guitars with different pickups through "the same" presets with only input gain changed. i am still pretty new to all of this so i hope i make sense. in any case, many thanks.

I'm pretty confused... How would a "global" anything help you on a per-preset basis?

If you want same basic thing use the Input Trim on the Amp block.
Exactly. It would not. So i assume the Input Trim on the amp block is functionally identical to the Input Gain on Global (including its applying to the front end of the signal chain) but the Input Trim is on a per preset basis. Great to know. I would never have discovered this on my own--I am new to Fractal per se. Thanks!

Last edited:
or use the output level knob of the IN block.
Actually, this is probably closer to the global input 1 Gain because that's at the beginning of the signal chain.

I was thinking of the Axe Fx II global Amp gain, which applies at the Amp block.

Exactly. It would not. So i assume the Input Trim on the amp block is functionally identical to the Input Gain on Global (including its applying to the front end of the signal chain) but the Input Trim is on a per preset basis. Great to know. I would never have discovered this on my own--I am new to Fractal per se. Thanks!
So, a good learning moment here: before submitting a wish, post a discussion thread.

If, after discussion, there's no option then a wish makes sense.

or use the output level knob of the IN block.
This! I was watching Leon's latest 5153 stealth video and found myself frustrated because using the exact same preset my sound was nowhere near how it great his sound was. In isolation things sounded pretty good to me but after watching Leons video i realized how garbage my tone was compared to his....I know the guitar and pickups were a factor but the sound was just way too off so by chance I raise the Output level (to about 15dB) in the Input block and there it was...almost an exact tone match to what I was hearing Leon play. I've been struggling with this for some time now so this was a real eye opener for me.

Back
Top Bottom