All the distortions fry

Ubaldo

Good evening, everyone. I always premise that I am very inexperienced but I am trying very hard to learn, reading the manual and trying, trying, trying.

This is what I find.

Using any type of distortion the result is always the same: the distortion fizzles.

Difficult to explain the sound that results even using Ampli, Cab and other effects.

I would like to know and understand where to act to remove the residue of "frying and make the distortion sweeter and cleaner....

Surely I have been unclear. I apologize in advance. Just a favor:

if I were a professional I wouldn't post in the forum, if I were an engineer I wouldn't post in the forum, if I had Thomas Nordegg as guitar techs or others I wouldn't post in the forum, but I am one who believes that the forum serves as a collaboration and help for those who know less and are only now and out of passion approaching Fractal FM9.

Again apologies if I may have offended your sensibilities in any way. Thank you all

Hi,

Forum members will be be able to assist you if you provide a bit more info - guitars, amps, styles/tones you are going for. For instance, if you are playing a Tele through a Vibrato Verb model and trying to use a pedal to get a fuzz lead tone, you likely need different advice than someone playing a Caparison through a Recto trying to use a TS 808 to tighten up their rhythm tone.

Good luck.

uaho! Thank you guys for the answers. I use mainly headphones
I'm trying to create this patch

Attachments

• Alleluya!.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Preset sounds pretty good. Reducing the Distortion parameter in the Drive block to @ 6.0 removes a lot of the fizziness. Reducing the Tone parameter warms it up as well.

I don't have an exact reference of the sound, already it would be fine what I posted, but when I play it is too .... I don't know how to say it--too much fuzz, whatever distortion or amp I try to use. I would like it warmer but with good sustain

DS1 is fizzy, especially when the tone is above 10 o clock, reduce it and increase the treble and presence in the amp.
Here I in this clip I reduced the DS1tone to 2.64 on the dial and treble to 7.2 and presence to 6.32 on the amp in your preset.

Sounds nice to me.

Headphones can exaggerate highs and make tones appear more fizzy.

<div><iframe width="300" height="60" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay"></iframe><br><a href="" title="Registratore vocale di Vocaroo" target="_blank">visualizza su Vocaroo &gt;&gt;</a></div>

I've been learning to use less gain and more level to get good sounds with the Drive blocks. Don't choose a setting that seems reasonable. Start with gain and tone at 0 and work up slowly. In my experience the maximum gain on the drive blocks is much more than in the original analog circuit.

DS1 is fizzy, especially when the tone is above 10 o clock, reduce it and increase the treble and presence in the amp.
Here I in this clip I reduced the DS1tone to 2.64 on the dial and treble to 7.2 and presence to 6.32 on the amp in your preset.

Sounds nice to me.

Headphones can exaggerate highs and make tones appear more fizzy.

Sound like a modded Keeley... sweeter than honey... real stock DS1 (at least, the one I owned or tested) are "acid". Totally different from Ubaldo clip. I don't hear fizziness... but the sound is weak... try higher drive output level, or higher amp input/gain. I think "touch/feel" in Blix also make up a lot for the difference...

Back
Top Bottom