all in one powered cab? suggestions please

i play bass in an 80s cover band. I bought the ax8 because i am a guitarist primarily.... but i wanted to use the ax8 as my main sound for both.....

what would be a good powered cab that i can use as a stage monitor for bass but will be best for my guitar?

mostly play 4 string bass.... drop D occasionally (have a 5 string but use it sparingly...

we play mostly down a half step... so i guess the lowest note i will be hitting is C#?

we have a PA (15" mains) but no sub.....

I have been looking at specs on different Powered cabs and also near field monitors and it appears that the near fields have a slight edge on the lower frequencies to 37KHZ?

would i benefit to go this route? however that doesn't get me a monitor at my back but i could always buy some good near fields then pick up an alto ts212 or 15?

What I do is bring a powered wedge for guitar and vocals and a small Hartke bass combo amp to monitor bass.

I have used my wedge, Atomic CLR, for bass. It really works okay. But is not as satisfying for me as the Hartke bass combo.

Most powered PA speakers will lop off a lot of the low end. They are tuned to avoid distortion, and the low end is where you would get the most breakup at high volumes. I would go for a power amp and cab to get some heavy bass tones.

Most powered PA speakers will lop off a lot of the low end. They are tuned to avoid distortion, and the low end is where you would get the most breakup at high volumes. I would go for a power amp and cab to get some heavy bass tones.

I started there but went the small combo route. It ended up being easier for me to load in and out.

I tried lots of bass combos and settled on the Hartke kickback 15" combo. For the size and weight, nothing beat it. I bought it used and its been very reliable. Its out on loan right now, probably on a truck somewhere for show tonight :)

Mine is an older version but this is the amp: http://www.samsontech.com/hartke/products/combos/kickback-combos/kb15/

Back
Top Bottom