All in one floorboard design

Will FA ever do it? The only reason I own a POD HD 500 is for convenience to my band practices. I keep my Standard at home. If Fractal ever designs one that utilizes the Standard/Ultra software for example and puts it at a decent price point I bet that thing would sell like hot cakes. I do understand the need to push their own foot controller so I'm probably just dreaming... :)

Last edited:
I agree. That's the product from FA that I'm waiting for.

It needs to accommodate the 4 cable method and have sound quality of the regular Axe FX products. (am willing to give up quantity of a amps, FX...but not quality....everyone else already does the lower quality stuff.....only FA does the best stuff and I want that in a floor unit. )

For one thing, if you have an all-in-one floor unit, it'd be harder to tweak, say when you're in middle of practice. Having it at hip-level while standing and playing, or even while sitting, is much easier. When I had the Boss GT-8 in a band, and the space was sort of cramped, when I kneel down to tweak, my guitar would hit something or the other, once the strap came off since I did not have a strap-lock at that time. Its just very cumbersome. But yeah putting everything in one bag and walking to practice with just guitar and bag - priceless. :D

For one thing, if you have an all-in-one floor unit, it'd be harder to tweak, say when you're in middle of practice. Having it at hip-level while standing and playing, or even while sitting, is much easier. When I had the Boss GT-8 in a band, and the space was sort of cramped, when I kneel down to tweak, my guitar would hit something or the other, once the strap came off since I did not have a strap-lock at that time. Its just very cumbersome. But yeah putting everything in one bag and walking to practice with just guitar and bag - priceless. :D

I guess having to tweak the unit is one small issue. Having global controls to address that might help. I pre-tweak my patches at home to limit any issues at rehearsal. For sure throwing my HD in my bag and rolling to practice with it is great. That and my rehearsal space is already jam packed and the all in one is a smaller footprint amongst everything else in the room. Limited table space for a rack.

Last edited:
I agree. That's the product from FA that I'm waiting for.

It needs to accommodate the 4 cable method and have sound quality of the regular Axe FX products. (am willing to give up quantity of a amps, FX...but not quality....everyone else already does the lower quality stuff.....only FA does the best stuff and I want that in a floor unit. )

Exactly..........at home I can hardly tolerate to play my HD 500. It just doesn't stack up to my Standard. Not as big a deal when the drums kick in at practice it's OK......I wouldn't say it's inspiring though as a Fractal product......

Back
Top Bottom