All I want is for the Atomics to be SS

You can power a passive atomic with a SS power amp and there you have it, your SS atomic.

burningyen said:
I would certainly be interested if someone designed a SS FRFR powered guitar cab.

FRFR and guitar (cab) are exclusive terms. There are plenty of FRFR products out there that do what you need.

I'm with you it's the only thing holding me back from buying one. Yes one can use a separate solid state power amp but I prefer a self powered cab for a more compact easy to use set-up. I inquired about it some time back and Tom said it may happen down the road.

I would be pretty surprised if they made a SS version any time soon. There's been a ton of discussion about why they decided to go to tube (mostly because of Tom's familiarity with tube amps).

There are other products out there that are FRFR and solid state. The Verve 12ma for instance. The Atomics are in a unique place in the market being FRFR, wedge, and tube.

Sixstring said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was going to be offered in the near future.

+1

They know there is already a market for it....it will happen.

too_much_power said:
FRFR and guitar (cab) are exclusive terms. There are plenty of FRFR products out there that do what you need.
Maybe we're arguing semantics. I consider the Fratomic a guitar cab. It has "the look."

too_much_power said:
You can power a passive atomic with a SS power amp and there you have it, your SS atomic.

Of course, I would just prefer not to add weight to the rack. It might be nice to not have to plug the cabs in, though, and be able to control volume in one place.

MotherSea said:
too_much_power said:

Of course, I would just prefer not to add weight to the rack. It might be nice to not have to plug the cabs in, though, and be able to control volume in one place.

The other solution is adding weight to the cab, which is probably more uncomfortable to carry. If you use an axefx you are not likely to use anything else in your rack apart from the poweramp. So you can fit the axefx and a light poweramp in a 3 o 4 space rackbag.

The advantage of a built in SS poweramp in an atomic would be weight efficiency, as it would require less casing and protection, no need for metal cases and rack ears. And of course it would be mono, and it's hard to find a nice affordable rack mono poweramp (bridged mode doesn't count).

I agree, only if it sounds and feels as good as the tube powered units and is a couple hundred bucks cheaper which I don't think is going to happen.

DADA said:
found this from an "insider"

http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthr ... 184&page=8

so, next year

enjoy
Paul is NOT an "insider" at Atomic and/or Fractal and the information being referred to in the above above is NOT accurate. He has been given misinformation from a source completely separate from me, Atomic and/or Fractal. He should know better. I did, however, speak with Paul once but he's completely misquoted me here and frankly feel like deleting these posts but I won't (for the moment).

Some people on this board (and they know who they are) feel like they know "inside" information about Atomic. The truth is that they don't. We are considering several options for our future products and no-one, myself included has a definitive answer to what is next and when exactly it will be here.

-TK

Anyone tried the "Class-D" stuff yet? There was a thread with one guy talking about them... and I had since gone to their website where they jacked up the prices and were still unavailable (when I checked several months back)...

Back
Top Bottom