All amps G3 in Quantum?

Yeah, I never understood most of the technical information that was shared regarding what was under the hood or the upgrades thereto anyway. I still always found it exciting to read. But I'm a thoroughly thrilled customer who will be just as excited to read future Cliff updates to the effect of "just had another epiphany that has resulted in the magic sauce gettin' a whole lot magicker!!"

They can call it G3, Quantum, Platinum or Rain Panther - I know each FW update will bring cool improvement to the sound, feel or functionality. And this is a good reminder to use my ears and not fuss over details I don't understand in the first place.

Unfortunately the competition is watching everything we do and copying a lot of our ideas. I can no longer be as forthcoming about what is going on in the inner workings.

That does suck, but you have shared so much over the years that if someone is that curious about how we got here, they can go and read the history and find out... Simply, don't feel you need to share anything, you are,honest, hard working person who has the respect of the majority of customers, and as you know people are hard to please so that is saying a shit load that the majority of us are in awe of your talents.... Thank you though for sharing what you could over the years, I know it's helped me bond more with the Unit and by far it's the best thing out there, thankfully I was smart enough to pick this over the others lol...

My impression (based on not doing any homework :-D) was that G3'ing models was a concept that had to do with updating settings or values based on a new methodology . I would assume if Cliff had a more or less sudden brainstorm leading to Quantum, the guys would need to update settings on the models once again. I.e. quantum'ing the amp models. Or, G3'ing the amp models with added * quantumness. (There is usually a little bell rung at this point, helping the viewer reach that salivation response.) I hope I don't sound sarcastic about the quantum-ness thing. I have been hopefully awaiting this, because G3'd pedals AND amp models was f'ing incredible. Obviously our pedals still have all the G3'ness intactified, which completely rocks. I somehow suppose those amp models that were G3'd may still slightly beat the others in terms of realismnesses.

Unfortunately the competition is watching everything we do and copying a lot of our ideas. I can no longer be as forthcoming about what is going on in the inner workings.

Cliff, You could also do well t copy some of their ideas too. Fractal aint the only show in town and other companies have made advancements where Fractal has not. Just saying...

It does sound great, and is easier to work with. I don't care too much. Except I was raised on slogans and ad campaigns, so the promise of the new and improved Quantum is not something I will ever scoff at; until I detect BS; Cliff's shot very, very straight so far.

Cliff could call it the Pink Unicorn, Baby Butterfly update if he wants to, all I care about is that it sounds freakin' awesome now! lol

The competition will not spend the money on the necessary components to compete anyway, let alone, know what to
do with such components.

I just cant believe someone would steal from someone else in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..
Steal your ideas and then claim them as their own..
Why I never heard of such a thing...

The Russians leave spy's in duffle bags over this kind of crap..

Don't tell me amp builders would do something like this steal someone elses ideas then
go into business for themselves claiming they have made the holy grail and 1:1 amp
look no further rest assured...

Littleton Colorado
New Jersey
Buffalo New York
Oregon
Boston

I could swing dead thief anywhere in the USA and hit another thief
especially in the music business..

Well, to be fair, most of them are the different channels of amps. So, we have ~100 amps.
I think it would be nice if that's how they were grouped, and there would be a channel switch in the amp block.
Yeah, the list looks more impressive with more amps, but it's more convenient when the list is shorter and the amps have a channel switch.

is there another modeling product that doesn't list separate channels as different amps though?

is there another modeling product that doesn't list separate channels as different amps though?

But since when does Fractal base their decisions on what the other companies are doing? Their success is based largely on their track record for making decisions based solely on the merit of the idea (which is a good one, IMHO), not just status quo.

Appears that Quantum is a new "engine" , with G3 code, obviously, but there's something new in the "core", not only "add-ons". At least is my shoot, as it's not DSP heavier and sounds better.

BTW, the code efficiency and FW updates is the main "secret". Tc Electronic uses a Shark processor similar to FX8 for just ONE effect (ADSP21488 ), Strymon do the same, and their tones doesn't sound any better than FAS. This is what is called "good programming practice". Honorable mention to Eventide for similar "hardware squeeze" and long life cycle. Yamaha too, but it's too closed and deaf. Recently they released a new THR amp generation as a "purists digital amp" (WTF?!) without even presets...

AxeFX II became a mature product in FW7, for example, and we're in FW19 right now, with a completely new quality standard. Most products has just two or three updates, maximum, and do not stay actual and exciting so long.

IMHO FAS should release a L6m9-like unit ~$799, integrating in existing pedalboards of people that use traditional setups and kicking 3+ expensive pedals out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom