All Access stops axefx sound?!?!

gdgross

Experienced
I'm setting up my all access to use with my axe fx; upgraded from a midi mate because I want a few more IA switches and more than one pedal controller.

I went into the midi menu in the all access and set up my CC switches to the appropriate assignments corresponding to the ones I have set up in the axe. I can see them turning on and off the various effects blocks, so I know they are working.

However, whenever I change patches using the all access, all sound out of the axe disappears. It remains this way even if I change patches manually on the axe itself. I can only get sound back if I reboot the axe.

I must be sending it some funky command when i change patches using the all access. Any ideas? I'm new to this controller...

I have an All Access LTD with the Expression pedal attached, I had the same sort of problem when I switched to patches in the bottom right corner of the board. Checked everything over and it appeard that one of the screws holding the expression pedal plate on was shorting the circuitboard when pressure was applied (i.e. stomping on it) I removed the screw and it's been fine ever since :D Bad design though :(

I also noticed that when this happened multiple foot switch indicator LEDs came on at once, nice.....

I am soooo looking forward to the MFC101, it's gonna kick ass!!!!

Also check that the patch foot switches are set to latching type and not momentary or something..

Spence

Yeah, all my switches are set to latching. I will check the screw thing when I get home tonight. It does seem to happen everywhere on the pedalboard, though. I'm set up for five presets and ten IAs per.

I was about to put my midi mate up for sale, but I'm going to wait until I've got this thing sorted out first!

gdgross said:
I will check the screw thing when I get home tonight. It does seem to happen everywhere on the pedalboard, though. I'm set up for five presets and ten IAs per.

Whoops, just noticed that you're using the LTD w attached exp pedal. I'm using the normal (blue) one, so I don't think this is the issue for me.

Okay, easy fix. The AA was sending a CC1 off, and I had the output 1 volume attached to CC1.

On a semi-related note, I tried to capture the sysx stream sent from the AA using a m-audio usb uno and sysex librarian on a macbook pro, but the sysex librarian never seemed to recieve anything although I'm sure that midi data is being sent to it. Anyone have experience with this? Not a big deal since I figured out the original problem, but it would be nice to know it's available in case I need it in the future.

Back
Top Bottom