AliExpress floral neck, scalloped from 12th to 24th fret (finally ended building a new guitar from parts)

The exact position seems to vary according to how the saddles end up from some manufacturers . The average seems to be about 25 1/8" to the centre of the posts. You can tweak the neck pocket or the recess rout to get it. Ive just measured a couple and there are both 25 1/8".

It looks like the problem is at the neck! The body seems to be perfectly dimensioned and routed according to Strat measurements

Here is the neck of my American Deluxe (above) and the AliExpress (below):
FenderVsAliExpress.jpg

I will have to file the neck

Last edited:
You have dead notes on a J-custom? Frets not level from factory?

Not a fret issue. The guitar body absorbing the vibrational energy of one specific frequency, making that note to decay abruptly, unnaturally, and with a weird harmonic (the rapid test for dead notes is to push the guitar against a wooden table or door, or to retune the string to see if the dead note moves to the consequent fret)

It seems like it can happen at the most expensive guitars

A new RG8550MZ. It was a pity to sell that beauty, even though I could sell it for a slightly higher price on Reverb (just to recover the Reverb fees)

RG2770-06.jpg

Long story here: https://www.jemsite.com/threads/j-c...is-the-custom-worth-1-000.145370/post-1386865

Back
Top Bottom