Alex Lifeson touring with 3 Axe FX II's ???

After six weeks or so Scott I'm guessing we ain't gonna see it.

I have to clean up and edit some things. I am really sorry, but I have been totally overloaded. I have reviews backed up and lots more... It will be posted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

I have to clean up and edit some things. I am really sorry, but I have been totally overloaded. I have reviews backed up and lots more... It will be posted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Asteroids do not concern me. I want that video.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually think that the anticipation of this video with (my hero) Alex Lifeson is just as awesome as being able to see it. Thank you, Scott! We know it will be well worth any wait!

Asteroids do not concern me. I want that video.

Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually think that the anticipation of this video with (my hero) Alex Lifeson is just as awesome as being able to see it. Thank you, Scott! We know it will be well worth any wait!

Alex isn't in the video... Scott Appleton just runs down the rig. I have to clear (get permission) on a few items yet. Can't put it up till I have the all clear.

Hey guys its Steve Snyder from Mojotone. I wanted to give you a heads up on the Alex Lifeson LERXST Omega Amp. This amp will be available for purchase by the end of the year. It will be the same handwired version that Alex is currently using on tour. We'll also be offering a custom, tall 4x12 cabinet modeled after the one Alex used on Clockwork Angles. We hope to have more information on a release date and pricing soon.

If you have any questions about the amps or interested in ordering one, feel free to send me an email: steve@mojotone.com

He's got two II's on tour. One is the primary, one is the backup.

MUCH more detail coming...

Wow! Thats interresting.
I might be wrong here but i think i saw a rig rundown whit Alex where he said that the AF2 where only for backup.
Really cool if he´s started using them as main units.

Wow! Thats interresting.
I might be wrong here but i think i saw a rig rundown whit Alex where he said that the AF2 where only for backup.
Really cool if he´s started using them as main units.

On the last tour (Time Machine) he was using the Axe II for a backup for the rig. But on the current tour he has replaced the 4 GForce units with a pair of Axe II's for the bulk of his effects. Pretty sure he is using them mostly for delays and 'verbs, maybe some modulation, but he still has the TC1210 for chorus and maybe flanging. Check this Alex Lifeson: Like Clockwork - Guitar Player Magazine - November 2012 - courtesy of Cygnus-X1.Net.

He has another Axe II he is using with a tone match for processing the piezo in his Les Pauls to get a really great acoustic tone.

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to update everyone that was one the waiting list for the LERXST amps that they are now available for purchase on LERXST Amplification. The 4x12 cabinets will be built per order and will take about 30 days to complete. We are finishing up some final touches on a video for the amplifier. This will have various players as well as different guitars being used to show how wide a variety tones from the amp. If there are any questions about the amp please feel free to ask.

LERXST Amplification

Interesting. I wonder what guitar rig 5 is being used for? I know some of the effects are really close to the originals. The Ehx stuff for example. I would use the axefx over guitar rig 5 for modeling and day.

If I remember correctly I read in Guitar World that Alex uses Guitar Rig 5 in the studio for songwriting a lot, and some of the effects (no amp sim) are used live too.

Put it in wish list. steveatmojotone is trying to sell amps. This is not the place for this.

and here I thought the original post was about Alex Lifeson using Axe Fx on tour. Not that I don't wish Lerxst amplification the best of luck with their product. If it wasn't for having an AxeFx, I would be interested. This is a Fractal forum, right?

Back
Top Bottom