Album-perfect NIRVANA Tones (w/preset)

Wow, that IS perfect!

Did not know I have the same cab as Kurt. Here's an Ultra-Res impulse of an late 80's 1960B cab with G12T75 speakers (both 8 ohm and 16 ohm versions) :)

Attachments

• VAIR 1960T75 57 2.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 23
  • PIR V5 1.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 23
"Nevermind" has been back in my general listening rotation in recent months. A brilliant breakthrough album. It tickles me that Kurt kicked back against some people with amazing production skills trying to get the best out of his remarkable songs, voice and playing. He was a massive talent, but very dedicated to an original "UK punk" styled DIY ethos.

I can't quite believe it's going to be 30 years since we lost Kurt Cobain in a couple of weeks. Nevermind was quite the reset for me back in 1991. It reminded me, at the grand old age of 24, that there was music being made by my contemporaries that was interesting and inspiring beyond technique, ability, or the ability to copy the past. In fact a wake-up call that got me out writing/playing original music again for the following 10 years.

Great job, @Cooper Carter! But more than that, I learnt a little about setting some of the finer detail with PEQ and tone matching. All from laptop speakers so far, but I will without doubt listen back through studio monitors in a proper listening environment very soon. The hunt for the right percussion from "dead" string strikes seemed like quite the masterclass. I'm intrigued to hear in a better listening environment!

Thank you Cooper!

Liam

[Edit: Just had a good listen in the studio, and it really is an amazing job @Cooper Carter. One thing I picked up from listening to the album. The double tracked lead guitar parts have similar, or maybe the same rate for the chorus effect. But because they are out of phase with each other, there's a really interesting psychoacoustic "auto-pan" phenomenon. It's actually more obvious on Come As You Are. Never would have noticed but for your detailed disassembly of the guitar tones.

Oh, and those drum and bass guitar sounds?!! If Grohl and Vig had achieved nothing more in their careers, that would have been plenty! 🤣]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom