Snouttrout

Inspired
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/amp-in-the-room.141579/

I went back to this thread and used the filter block and an EQ to get an amp in the room sound from my FRFR speakers. It sounds really great. I was thinking about running my regular setup direct to FOH with cabinet IRs and the filter block trick for my FRFR speakers on the stage. I normally use the matrix gt1000fx and a boogie cab, and it sounds great...but it's still a bit heavy.

I'm also wondering if anyone actually uses the filter block trick direct to FOH. Or is that a bad idea?

If it sounds good to you and cut’s through the live mix , why not
That's what I need to test. It took my 3 years before I decided to actually go straight to the FOH with the AXEFX. I love the FOH sound through venue PA systems, but my 1x12 FRFR sounds much better with the Filter block and graphic eq. I will probably just have two setups: one for personal monitoring on stage and another for FOH.

My guess is that the filter block + graphic EQ is more like simulating a speaker cabinet WITHOUT the mic. However, perhaps the mic + Cab sound cuts through the mix quite well.

If the filter + graphic eq simulates the speaker cabinet, then I'm guessing this approach much be similar to using a redbox or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom