Airstep

I have had one for about 2 weeks now and I am absolutely love it and have only touched on a few things I can use t for. Still trying to side if I am going to use it for scene or Presets. If I get the Air step lite to go with it then scans for sure. But I am also loving that I have been able to switch the cameras through bluetooth with it for my weekly Live stream concerts!! Next step is programing it so Scene also switches to camera 1 and scene 2 switches to camera 2 and so on an so on, The possibilities are awesome. Bluetooth for the iPad and cameras and midi out to the FM3!! :). Leon's video pushed my curiosity over the edge!! :)

The lite version does not have midi out correct ? Could not use this for effects ....?

The lite version does not have midi out correct ? Could not use this for effects ....?

I just tried the regular Airstep (my Airstep light is currently being shipped out) with the Yamaha MD-BT101 Bluetooth Midi adaptor and it works! It took a bit of fiddling to get the BT adaptor recognized (I used the MIDIMITTR app on the iPad to establish the BT connection) but I was able to control the Axe FX III's Looper over BT. Thus, there is no reason the Lite version should not work.

Mine arrived yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far. Did a gig with it tonight and I really liked how easy it was to tweak using my phone in between sets.

Thank you for your videos on this Leon. I have a combo package on the way hopefully soon. I'm wondering if you've tried connecting to your FM3 using a Bluetooth adapter like the CME WIDI Master?

Methinks with this thing you could play one song on stage, then pack up and go stand and play right in the middle of the audience. Finally the whole world can be your stage. If you have wireless in-ears and guitar as well that is.

Thank you for confirming ... and thank you @TONYMUSIC1988. I assumed it would work if the Yamaha works, but it's nice to know for sure. 👍
My apologies - I misread. I have not tried it with the CME version, but I do have the Xvive product (apparently, the same thing) arriving on Thursday so I will confirm then.

Reactions: Den
Can you use the midi din out to fm3 (so that one can use the pedal jacks (fm3) for stand in switches and usb for connection to laptop (fm-edit)?

Wonderful and connect the two pedaljack (fm3) to the Airstep and use those standin switches as well from Airstep, right?
Thx!
I just tried it on the FM9, but the FM3 should work fine also. You can connect the Footswitch outputs from the Airstep to the Pedal 1 and 2 inputs on the FM3. Because the FM3 supports Tip and Ring switching, you could have both Airstep Footswitch outputs going to just Pedal 2 input, leaving Pedal 1 for an Expression pedal. So you can have midi out - midi in control as well as FS out - Pedal in control. Pretty flexible really.

Hi,
I’ve received the airstep, wonderful thing! Have you got the standin switches hold function to work with the airstep?

(I mean holding down a switch at the airstep triggering the standin switch hold function)

hi,im trying to use this pedal youtube looper.i have add on in chrome .have the perset set to youtube looper.but cant get it to work.

Gents, could you please confirm if the width from the specs (70mm) is with antenna? and if not what is the real width? I am wondering to use them for controlling few MIDI devices but I have not much space in pedalboard. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom