Ah, the bittersweet moment.

electronpirate

Axe-Master
I have sold my Axe II and MFC to a forum member. I had an internal debate on whether to wait for the III to show or sell them, and I decided that moving it was the best choice I still have probably a few more weeks before my name comes up for a III, so I will be without my 'crutch'

It's a little painful. My life will be hanging with a little battery powered Epiphone thing (that actually sounds pretty good!) I do have a doomsday V-Amp lying around too, but I think that would just make me more depressed to plug that in.

What does a man do in this situation?

He seriously lowballs a Nash Telecaster on Reverb and actually gets it.

Sigh.

Ironic you're bragging about a steal from this site , on the same day I'm crying about a guy that stole my money on this site.
Nice guitar. If I recall , I believe you were due for a lucky streak. Seriously - congrats.

I did the research on the seller. They seemed legit with transactions and reviews. Were it not for the protections that both Reverb and PayPal provide, I would have some reservations...but we will certainly see.

I am not 'bragging'. It happens once in a while. But I am very sorry you're having a tough time there.

Cue 'I hate relics' conversation I expected!

Backstory: Maybe 8 years ago, I played a Nash Tele in a local shop on a Saturday. It was through a vintage super (which was a huge part of the tone), and it was incredible. I COULD NOT find a crappy tone with that guitar....through all PUP settings, tone settings. I held off for 2 days to let a friend come in and buy it, and he slacked off and didn't go in. Once I found out he blew it off, I ran it past the wife (at that time), and with money in hand on Monday morning...the damn thing was gone.

I gave a shot to a Baja Tele, and couldn't bond with it. I found it 'serviceable' in that I felt you could get through a night with it with all the various settings, but it's like I struggled to find more than one or 2 settings that I was thrilled with.

It sits on the wall for 2 months without looking at it, I move it.

I've been disappointed before, so at the price I bought it I can move it and recover costs and then some. But hoping it sounds as great as the sound in my head.

I did the research on the seller. They seemed legit with transactions and reviews. Were it not for the protections that both Reverb and PayPal provide, I would have some reservations...but we will certainly see.

I am not 'bragging'. It happens once in a while. But I am very sorry you're having a tough time there.

Cue 'I hate relics' conversation I expected!

Backstory: Maybe 8 years ago, I played a Nash Tele in a local shop on a Saturday. It was through a vintage super (which was a huge part of the tone), and it was incredible. I COULD NOT find a crappy tone with that guitar....through all PUP settings, tone settings. I held off for 2 days to let a friend come in and buy it, and he slacked off and didn't go in. Once I found out he blew it off, I ran it past the wife (at that time), and with money in hand on Monday morning...the damn thing was gone.

I gave a shot to a Baja Tele, and couldn't bond with it. I found it 'serviceable' in that I felt you could get through a night with it with all the various settings, but it's like I struggled to find more than one or 2 settings that I was thrilled with.

It sits on the wall for 2 months without looking at it, I move it.

I've been disappointed before, so at the price I bought it I can move it and recover costs and then some. But hoping it sounds as great as the sound in my head.

Sorry man , bad choice of words. Should have said something different than bragging. Didn't mean to come across as a dick. I meant what I said.
...crazy timing was all. Lol . Good luck

Coda:

The Nash arrived. I have not had the chance to plug it into a 'real' amp, but I have a plug in practice Honeytone that I played through until I get the III invite. I had to make some adjustments to the action since it was shipped with loose strings (good call). Even when it was right, I was able to hear light fret buzz, which I figured I would address if it came out amplified. To compound that, scary moment...it sounded like @ss to start out with...huge noise, low guitar volume. Thinking quickly, I changed cables, and SOLVED.

The Nash is everything I remembered. I think it's Nash's strong point. With a crappy 3'' speaker, I was able to make it sound great with a huge amount of volume knob, pup, and tone knob (which almost on every guitar I nail on 10 and forget it.) No fatigue playing it, I get along with the medium large frets and baseball neck easily. There's twang if I want it, but it's far more guitar than that when you move things around on the guitar; I had set the little amp in one setting for clean at guitar volume 2/3, hair at 5/6, and balls out at 10.

I played Custom Shop Tele's, and they didn't sound or play as great as this one does. Maybe lucky here, but I got a good one.

Thinking quickly, I changed cables, and SOLVED.
I hate bad cables. Put that thing in the trash!
Or... is the Nash just that sensitive to cable selection? I don't think I've had one that's been that sensitive, but then again, maybe that would explain some intermittent stage noise I've had... Hmm...

:cool:Damn you, @electronpirate , you just cranked my tele GAS up to dangerous levels...went to Humbucker Music site (Nash’s largest distribution point according to them) and they have a boatload of models , including a Jeff Beck Yardbirds esquire relic that is very fookin tempting.

I've no help from you, it's a great guitar. I've owned Nash Strats and was not at all impressed, but I've played 3 Nash Tele's, and each one was a winner.

I've no help from you, it's a great guitar. I've owned Nash Strats and was not at all impressed, but I've played 3 Nash Tele's, and each one was a winner.
OK, got a grip on my sanity and went into my stash and grabbed my trusty ol Godin Session Tripleplay (Tele style with Seymour ?Duncan neck and Godin Hot Cajun bridge pups ..and the Fishman wireless midi built in...sounds and feels AMAZING with the III ..enjoy your new one..and I’m gonna dig what I’ve got...today....

Back
Top Bottom