Aggregate Device with Clarett 2Pro USB and Axe-FX III

spacepluk

Has anybody succeeded at getting these working together?

I have both devices connected via USB and I'm trying to use the Axe-Fx as the source clock with drift correction enabled on the Clarett. But every time I turn on the Axe-Fx the sound starts glitching.

Am I missing something?

Any sound that goes through the aggregate device (e.g. a youtube video). The glitching starts when I turn on the Axe-Fx as it become the clock source, if I turn it off it falls back to the Clarett and the glitching stops.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 19.44.11.png
clock

Setting other devices as the Clock Source works fine, I'm just getting the glitches when the Axe-Fx is the Clock Source.

Don't do that :).

You use an aggregate when you want to use both devices, for example in a DAW. Trying to use the aggregate when one of the devices isn't present, particularly the one that is the clock source doesn't make sense anyway.

Yeah, I want to use both devices in Cubase for reamping, etc. I'm just trying to troubleshoot with a simple scenario, hehe

The thing is, the setup I want (Axe-Fx as the clock source) is the only one that doesn't work no matter what.

You can't turn devices on and off while the aggregate is in use. But I think your problem is how you're using an aggregate. It serves no purpose to use the aggregate for your system audio device like you're doing. Just use the Clarett for your system audio. It's only in Cubase that you need to use the aggregate. Just turn on both devices before you launch Cubase and you'll be fine.

Also, as it says in the recording guide, it usually works best to set the clock source to the Axe-FX. But if you get better results setting the Clarett as the clock source, that will work fine too.

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction! It seems in my attempt to reduce the variables I was making things worse hahah

So I started again with the Clarett as system audio and the aggregate in Cubase and there was no sound. But then I tried with Ableton and it worked just fine. So to get things to work in Cubase I had to disable/enable control room… Very strange and probably just a weird bug in Cubase.

Everything working perfectly now, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom