AFX3.. yeh or ney

Are - but Im old fashioned lol.

I want an IA for each effect I use <snip> I know I can double function but 10 is the least I can work with... and the FM3 plus FC6 only gives me 9.... 1 too few.
You will enjoy working out what more you can do with the additional 3 from the FC12, and what colours you make them to denote that functionality. I actually have some preset/layout combinations that have "dead pedals" on them still; better that than something I want, but can't access with my feet.

Liam

You know what? Screw all this internet commentary, and not being able to try one out before you buy it.
Why not use this forum to find someone who has an Axe Fx 3 that lives close to you, then see it they'll let you try theirs out for comparison to your II?
Since I'm on the east coast of the US, I'd say that's too far for you!

Also, if you're also weighing the cost, remember to only think of the "net" cost to upgrade: selling your II and MFC for starters, then the added flexibility of the better routing options than your II, etc.

Hi Paul,
Ive got an AxeFx III and the PT15 and am local-ish to you.
If you fancy meeting up at Quad in leicester - I can bring both and a 2x12 cab and atomic CLR.

You can check out AXE Fx III against your AXE Fx II through the same CLR (CLR has two inputs, so we can AB them through same rig). Can also then check out vs a real amp in the room.

PM me if youre interested.
There ya go! I hadn't read this until after I posted above. Great minds think alike.

Are - but Im old fashioned lol.

I want an IA for each effect I use - I want a button to access each channel or an amp block - OR direct access to 4/5 presents from one button. I want a tap tempo button, I need bank up and down buttons.

So even though my patches may be simple, Id need reverb, drive, delay, chorus, phaser IAs, one for tap, one for bank up,. one for bank down, 4 for amp channels....Even putting the bank up and down on holds rather than taps (along with patch changes) I still really need 10 fo how I work.

i cant use scenes because Im very much "freeform" playing. I dont do the "set list - this song needs these two scenes" I what to select the amp, drive and whatever effects I feel like at any time. I know I can double function but 10 is the least I can work with... and the FM3 plus FC6 only gives me 9.... 1 too few.
I know you've already ordered the FC-12, and everyone has their needs for a foot controller... But between Layouts, Hold Reveal, per-preset switches, Layout links, etc I think you'd have been easily able to make an FC-6 work.

But the FC-12 will definitely keep you covered!

I know you've already ordered the FC-12, and everyone has their needs for a foot controller... But between Layouts, Hold Reveal, per-preset switches, Layout links, etc I think you'd have been easily able to make an FC-6 work.

But the FC-12 will definitely keep you covered!
Possibly, but I hate double presses. Having to press a switch to go between say a preset layout and an fx layout will just annoy me..

I get lower costs, I get smaller footprint, but I don't like that compromise.

I too a long time before I started thinking about actually bying trying to put a layout together I can work with on both 6 and 12.

I'm still rather concerned that I don't have enough control switches (yes an afx3 rather than fc thing) to get things low I like. I'll have to use all 6 just for basic (for me) functions..... that has ne concerned.

Possibly, but I hate double presses. Having to press a switch to go between say a preset layout and an fx layout will just annoy me..

I get lower costs, I get smaller footprint, but I don't like that compromise.

I too a long time before I started thinking about actually bying trying to put a layout together I can work with on both 6 and 12.

I'm still rather concerned that I don't have enough control switches (yes an afx3 rather than fc thing) to get things low I like. I'll have to use all 6 just for basic (for me) functions..... that has ne concerned.
You can use Layout Links to change layouts automatically after a button press... But I totally get you.

There's also the Reveal Hold option which allows you to "flip flop" between the tap and hold switches.

Anyway, enjoy! It's a pretty flexible system although it has some limitations (as you've mentioned in other threads).

Back
Top Bottom