AFX through Fender tube amps....

Radley

Experienced
Finally tried my AFX thru some of my Fender tube amps (power amp sections only). Simply bypassed the Cab block and did some minor AFX tonal tweaks & there it was, just as I expected.... VERY convincing tube tones from low gain to super-high gain without any aliasing or unnatural artifacts. This proves to me that the AFX interfaces very well with tubes, and fits right in like 'part of the family'! :p :shock: :p

~Rad~

Funny, I was thinking along these lines too and just ordered a bugera 1960 to power my axe through a 4x12. It seems logical that this would be a great solution especially running into the effects return that a high headroom 150 watt clean tube amp should be a perfect fit. And it was such a smokin deal that I couldn't resist giving it a shot.

Ringleader said:
Funny, I was thinking along these lines too and just ordered a bugera 1960 to power my axe through a 4x12. It seems logical that this would be a great solution especially running into the effects return that a high headroom 150 watt clean tube amp should be a perfect fit. And it was such a smokin deal that I couldn't resist giving it a shot.
Hey Ringleader, I can't find a link to that amp. Is it a rack unit or a head? Let us know how it works out for you. (I'm testing the Atomic FR right now but I don't think this FR thing is for me, and it appears I'm stuck with running my Axe through the FX Return of a large expensive head.)

Stringtheorist said:
Hey Ringleader, I can't find a link to that amp. Is it a rack unit or a head? Let us know how it works out for you. (I'm testing the Atomic FR right now but I don't think this FR thing is for me, and it appears I'm stuck with running my Axe through the FX Return of a large expensive head.)
The Bugera 1960 Classic is essentially a plexi clone head but at 150 watts! :shock: With no master volume and that kind of headroom it should be the perfect tube power solution since I don't need any special built in preamp. It's weird, after all the gear chasing I do, this thing fell into my lap for a great price and just makes sense. I've decided that I prefer a colored tube amp power section and so far I've had the best luck with the Axe into heads fx returns to a 4x12 cab so hopefully it should do well. We'll see next week when it arrives.

http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/Products/1960.aspx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJUuRgSt_PI

The guy in the youtube vid even says that it is perfect for modelers/pedalboards because it is so clean and loud, VERY quiet (noise), and then he plays this 150 watt jumped plexi on 10 at NAMM! He must be insane!

Back
Top Bottom