After the first night of fiddling

After a few nights more i've come up with some basic patches which i yet have to try in a "live" setting.

The sound is impressive, and the funny thing is that I made my patches using de JVM 410 models. Just sounded familiar :)
The only trouble I have sofar is getting good lead tones. On my amp that was very easy. It seems like the feel of the Axe is somewhat different from what I'm used to.

Sonically I'm convinced, the Axe is awesome. In the feel area I'm less convinced. A rehearsal and/or gig will tell me if it is going to be a bother.

I've never had such a lightweight and simple yet versatile setup. That part I love so much....
I have a 4HE rack with the Axe and the Matrix GT1000FX1U,
1 powercord which gets split into 3, 2 IEC plugs and 1 socket for the footcontroller adapter (via phantom power)
2 speaker cables to go to the cab
1 midi cable for the gordius little giant.

The little giant is awesome aswell. I have it now configured for 4 patches, 4 scenes per patch and tuner per bank. I yet have to configure the D1 (Direct1) bank for 8 stompbox switches.

Sofar my update :)

I'm running a very similar setup as you are.
I've found that by really matching the lores value to your cab, you get a better feel.
the other things I'm doing (this is specifically for amp-cab patches) is
raise the master trim up to around 1.2-1.3. For some reason this brings the higher gain amps to life.
raise compression to 15% and sag up to 4. Gives the amps more of a "bouncy feel
Set up your global outputs so you can run the Matrix up high and not clip the signal.
I found that also keeping the level as close to zero (not killing the volume there) makes the higher gain models "shimmer" more.
of course these are just my findings.

After a few nights more i've come up with some basic patches which i yet have to try in a "live" setting.

The sound is impressive, and the funny thing is that I made my patches using de JVM 410 models. Just sounded familiar :)
The only trouble I have sofar is getting good lead tones. On my amp that was very easy. It seems like the feel of the Axe is somewhat different from what I'm used to.

Sonically I'm convinced, the Axe is awesome. In the feel area I'm less convinced. A rehearsal and/or gig will tell me if it is going to be a bother.

I've never had such a lightweight and simple yet versatile setup. That part I love so much....
I have a 4HE rack with the Axe and the Matrix GT1000FX1U,
1 powercord which gets split into 3, 2 IEC plugs and 1 socket for the footcontroller adapter (via phantom power)
2 speaker cables to go to the cab
1 midi cable for the gordius little giant.

The little giant is awesome aswell. I have it now configured for 4 patches, 4 scenes per patch and tuner per bank. I yet have to configure the D1 (Direct1) bank for 8 stompbox switches.

Sofar my update :)
I find lead tones are hardest to bond with when changing any amp. I find it takes some time to get to feel how an amp responds and feels under your fingers. Try fiddling with the power amp settings as suggested, it helps if you dial with your ears not your eyes too FWIW.

after running with some volume tonight setting compression back to around 5 gives a much better result. Also raising sag does not help much on the
amp models with a master volume. On non master I'm finding it helps a lot more.
It' amazing how different the feel/sound is at different volumes.

I'll tell you, I just got what, to my ears, is a great FRFR active wedge (XiTone 1x12) and what's amazing to me is how I CAN hear the nuances for each individual amp as set up by the pros at FAS. Factory presets only! I've only now created ONE guitar preset from scratch (Vibro-King) and it SINGS. No effects other than Reverb and WOW!

Every amp has a unique personality and FAS nailed it as far as I'm concerned. Get some good quality speakers to listen through and you'll be blown away.

I know this has already been said but the IR is probably 70% of your tone. Mess around with those and you'll start to see a lot of the amps open up in a really nice way

Back
Top Bottom