After Life (TV Series)

Yes that was a good watch. It was refreshing to see something with a positive message instead of all this death/murder/mayhem/betrayal (which are also entertaining :))

Thanks
Pauly
My wife and I started season 3 of After Life tonight.

It's such a good show. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry...

Ricky Gervais is brilliant!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8398600/

If you're looking for something to watch I really recommend it.

Brilliant show. I love Ricky Gervais.
There were some scenes that were so recognizable.....
He feels about his Lisa the way I feel about The Light Of My Life....
And brutal honesty and sarcasm are also my superpowers...especially with people that rub me the wrong way....c%nts

This show is PHENOMENAL. So many different emotions in each episode. Gervais as a writer is flawless.

We ended up watching Derek after that (which has much of the same cast from Afterlife). I wondered what Ricky was going to do with his character and how it would come off. This series hit many of different variations on the same types of notes. One minute you are falling over with laughter; the next you are eating the proverbial onion sandwich. Such a great series in it's own right. Give it a go.

This show is PHENOMENAL. So many different emotions in each episode. Gervais as a writer is flawless.

We ended up watching Derek after that (which has much of the same cast from Afterlife). I wondered what Ricky was going to do with his character and how it would come off. This series hit many of different variations on the same types of notes. One minute you are falling over with laughter; the next you are eating the proverbial onion sandwich. Such a great series in it's own right. Give it a go.
I think I tried that one before and I felt like it was a bit insulting to those with special needs. As the father of one such person and grandfather of 2 others, maybe I just took it too personally?

I might give it another watch because I generally think Ricky is great. I have a pretty broad and open sense of humor so not usually one to get offended.

Reactions: JTI
I think I tried that one before and I felt like it was a bit insulting to those with special needs. As the father of one such person and grandfather of 2 others, maybe I just took it too personally?

I might give it another watch because I generally think Ricky is great. I have a pretty broad and open sense of humor so not usually one to get offended.
Yeah I wondered about that generally speaking. I don't have that POV so I don't have a good frame of reference. And I would be totally understand if someone did not like it for that reason.

His character in the show is the purest hearted, caring person. Just a great human being all around. It's nice to see the actress who plays his wife in Afterlife have a more prominent role as well.

Back
Top Bottom