After 9.00, Only thing missing now is...

I would like that he works on the dispersion and compare between real model and the Axe.(plugged into the poweramp of the real amp than into a SS)

bmi said:
I would like that he works on the dispersion and compare between real model and the Axe.
"Dispersion?" You mean directivity, right? The Axe-Fx has no directivity, as that is not physically possible.

Scott Peterson said:
Perhaps instead it is time to embrace User IR's. I know I sound like a broken record, but until you have heard what you can do you have no idea how much the IR actually 'is' your sound. Maybe I'll do a clip with stock IR/Red Wire IR mix to illustrate. Give me a few days.

I would really like to hear that. I haven't spring for the Red Wirez stuff yet. Gotta wait till after I spend my money on X-Mas presents for the rest of the family and see if I have anything left over before I spring for the $55 (and I hope everyone like Cracker Jacks toys cause money's tight! :) ).

I've had issues in the past uploading IRs to the Axe and just kinda gave up before really figuring out why to concentrate on playing with it w/ the built-in cabs.

Hearing what I'm missing might motivate me to buy and actually upload. :)

Oh, and the only things missing now:

Simulated Feedback effect!!! Come on! Pretty please?

(and if I had my way, the Class A-based Trainwreck Liverpool model and the Trainwreck Rocket model, but hey, thats me)

I guess the "airyness" everyone's missing from the cabs in the AxeFX comes from the fact that it is limited to 1024 samples, thus, as Jay has stated several times, NOT reproducing any reflections.

Every recording we've done or heard with real cabs and mics, does have room reflection in, and it's mostly where the "air" feeling comes from.

What we really need are some more reverb factory presets to emulate THAT sort of early reflection ambience, like the Lexicon units have to an extent. Something stupidly simple like "Dark Ambience, Neutral Ambience, Bright Ambience" would be great starting points.

What Dutch has done in the Raw Amp/Cab Bank is already great, and I've been using that all the time (thanks man!), so some presets based on that would help tons, even with user cabs.

Just listen to RedWirez on a DAW and then the Axe, and you'll notice the difference instantly.

Best,

Alex

Back
Top Bottom