After 1 Weekend with the Axe FX II, I give you this bit atmospheric grove metal

monkeymanx

Inspired
Newest Version: http://soundcloud.com/joshpollard/7-string-axe-fx-2-a

7 String Axe FX 2 by joshpollard on SoundCloud - Hear the world

To accompany the New Axe FX II purchase I picked up a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser used and an Ibanez SR505. This is my first seven string guitar but not my first 5 string bass. So this is the first 7 string song I've done.

Only having the Axe FX II since Friday has given me enough time to realize how powerful this thing is. All the tones, guitar and bass, are done with the Axe. I don't feel a need to reach for my soft synths and keyboard to create atmospheres anymore, the guitar adds a lot of mood. I'm completely happy with this thing.

The song isn't finished. I'm hoping to finish it off this week, vocals included. I've been in a slump and haven't been inspired, but I'm motivated again. I really enjoy being about to think of a sound I want and it is there. I'm pretty sure I won't touch Amplitube or a POD again.

Last edited:
Sounds cool. The bass is way too loud and the guitars don't cut. I would recommend cutting your gain way way down. But gnarly groove!

Thanks for the input. I'm going to try re tracking with less gain on my patches to see how that comes out. I usually cut more of the low end on the bass than I did here so maybe I will give that a try and dial it down a bit.

Grove metal = I made it in a grove down the road... :)

Back
Top Bottom