AFII doesn't start

phitho

After not having used it for about 3 months, I tried to fire it up for a guy who wanted to buy one of my guitars. To my amazement the screen and front lights all went on, and stayed on. Nothing else happened. Anybody know what could be the cause and does this sound like an issue for Fractal tech support?

this just happened to me this week a couple of times for the first time in two years. I upgraded to 10.11 and it hasn't happenned again ......yet

My unit does not boot up at all, so I can't install or reinstall anything. I've turned it off and on a few times, with no positive results....

I really hope that worked and he's too busy playing to let us know. Scary. Mine has been flawless in heavy use.

I'd have thought a power supply failure would have resulted in no power - ie a completely dead unit - no display backlight or LEDs?

Whatever, I'd be contacting support as I'm sure they have other self tests they can guide you through before needing the unit returned to them.

crap that's what mine looked like too (happened twice this week but last night booted up just fine)

Mine sometimes freezes at startup. Always has done that from the start. Nothing to worry about. From the wiki:

- When powering up some Axe-Fx II units, the input and status lights may occasionally stay on and the screen freezes. If you use a power conditioner, try powering up the Axe-Fx II AFTER switching on the power conditioner.
- Cliff: "There is a known anomaly in the DSPs that can cause the processor to fail to boot occasionally. Turn the power off and back on."

But when a Axe-Fx never completes a startup sequence succesfully, it's a hardware failure. Contact Support.

I ordered a spare P.S from Mouser, arrived yesterday, took 1 week.
$8.00 shipping to Toronto.

Mine did this the day it was delivered , scared the shit out of me , after advice from here I opened it up and pushed the ribbons back onto the connecters and it was fine .

My axe did this for many times in a row for days (sometimes completing the boot phase though) Sent it off to G66 (I live in Germany) got it repaired the same day (board failure) and now everything is fine again :)

Back
Top Bottom