AF3/Logic: Audio through one channel only

jshirkey

Experienced
Hi,

New AF3 user here.

I'm using input 1 and output 1 (L/R) and connecting directly to my monitors via XLR. When I am playing, I get stereo sound, but when I play anything back through Logic, I get audio out of one channel only.

I keep checking all of my I/O connections in the AF3, and I've gone through my preferences in Logic several times, as well as in my Mac (OS 15, AF3 is selected as my interface for sound input and output). I've been back and forth through the manual, and I still must have something set incorrectly. I'm just not sure where.

Any help?

Thanks,
Jeff

Are you sending audio to both USB Output 1 and 2 from Logic? Those correspond to Output 1 left and right respectively.

Are you sending audio to both USB Output 1 and 2 from Logic? Those correspond to Output 1 left and right respectively.

The short answer is I don't know, and I'm about to go check.

When I have my monitors connected to my MOTU 828, and my AF3 connected as an analog input to the MOTU as well, I get playback in stereo. I don't know if that helps you or anyone else troubleshoot. But I'm off to check Logic's outputs again.

Thanks.

While you're checking things, check the meters page on the Axe-FX home screen. That will confirm whether or not you're getting audio from Logic on both channels 1 and 2. Note there is a bug on the Axe-FX where, under rare circumstances, output from your computer on channels 1 and 2 gets sent to channels 2 and 3 instead, with the apparent result that you're only getting audio in one channel. An Axe-FX reboot usually clears it up.

While you're checking things, check the meters page on the Axe-FX home screen. That will confirm whether or not you're getting audio from Logic on both channels 1 and 2. Note there is a bug on the Axe-FX where, under rare circumstances, output from your computer on channels 1 and 2 gets sent to channels 2 and 3 instead, with the apparent result that you're only getting audio in one channel. An Axe-FX reboot usually clears it up.

Thanks. According to the Meters page, I have signal on USB inputs 1 and 8. Say what??

Well, it looks like it was a glitch in the AF3. I rebooted and now the Meters page shows USB signal on inputs 1 and 2. Really, really bizarre.

Thanks to all. I think (hope) that did the trick.

Yeah, you just have to get used to that. Thankfully it doesn't happen often for most people. It couldn't hurt to check with FAS support to see if they have any plans to try to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom