AF3 into Vox AC15 Amp

Like @Toopy14 said, that's correct, use output 2 L straight into a real amp (amp / cab sims are only routed to output1).
Is that right? I thought you had to split the signal and bypass the cab block for OUT2 to do this? I don't see this in the manual, or wiki, unless I'm missing it.

I used to play the Axe Ultra directly into two JMI AC30 from the sixties (stereo). At the beginning I only used the effects. While experimenting I found out, that even with the Amp modelling on I got excellent sounds from the AC30. So yes, that's not how it should be, but then again all that counts is the result. Therefore I suggest you to experiment.

This is 10 years ago with Axe Ultra directly into AC30ties:

The old AC30ties have just one volume knob, and you need to turn that up to at least 1/3 for a decent sound (irregardless of the Axe). That was way too loud for my band and myself. I thought about using a powersoaker, but never did it because I feared a drop in sound quality. Instead I bought the Axe II, used amp and cab models and went directy FOH and sold the AC30ties (less fuss with taking care of them anyway, more reliability, easier handling, etc.).

Is that right? I thought you had to split the signal and bypass the cab block for OUT2 to do this? I don't see this in the manual, or wiki, unless I'm missing it.
It's the way my presets are routed. I split the signal after the fx chain before the amp block on 2 parallel paths, one path goes to amp / cab sims and to output 1 L&R, the other path goes into an fxl block to output 2 L. This way you can either use amp sims using output1, a real amp using output2, or a combination of both if you like.

It's the way my presets are routed. I split the signal after the fx chain before the amp block on 2 parallel paths, one path goes to amp / cab sims and to output 1 L&R, the other path goes into an fxl block to output 2 L. This way you can either use amp sims using output1, a real amp using output2, or a combination of both if you like.
Oh yes I do that too. I thought you were implying you could set a global setting that turns cab modeling off for OUT2 for all presets.

Back
Top Bottom