AF2 Ares amp block gain?

It‘s a BETA!
To change all your presets at now doesn‘t make sense!
Change the presets, if the final version has been rolled out!
That would make sense ;-) wouldn‘t it?
And he is asking exactly because it is a beta. Was the Quantum modeling really so far off from the real amp(s) they were modeling and Ares is correcting for it or is this a bug that needs to have attention drawn to it before the final release? It must surely be a bug in the Axe II release - Quantum couldn’t have been that dramatically wrong for so long could it?

Glad its not just me. I also thought the gain jumped up when I loaded the update.

ARES is designed to improve the modelling of the XL+2's amp sims right?, so why would a gain increase be 'designed in?' We have had several FW versions to model the intrinsic gain characteristics of the AC30 haven't we?

Again trust me I'm not complaining, I am amazed that the older products are still getting this level of support but Damn it I want to be blown away by ARES without having to tweak ;)

(yes I'm lazy :) )

Nobody is complaining here! We're just pointing out something that might not sound right so that we either get a confirmation and a fix for the official fw, or we get a confirmation that this is what it's supposed to sound like and we have to adjust all presets if we want to update to ares, that's all!

It could be me, but the 'official' ares 1.0 seems to have made this 'increase in gain' go away? what do you think?

wonder how long this error was there? the ac30 sounds cleaner (and tbh a bit thin) than I remember it in FW10 and even before?

wonder how long this error was there? the ac30 sounds cleaner (and tbh a bit thin) than I remember it in FW10 and even before?
That thin sound is what ams sound like when there dialed in for cuting in the mix it is more authentic of a tone the old muffled bass response and tin high end got dialed out

You could well be right, I was playing along to some backing tracks yesterday and the guitar does sit nicely in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom