AES I/O

I use my H8000 in an AES loop on in/out 2 no problem, but the word clock setting has to be changed on the Axe-fx 3 from internal to external (tip of the hat to Bakerman re: word clock, no mention in the manual that I could find).

That, I do not know. I thought with a recent firmware change to digital i/o, it becomes one or the other -- but can't remember if it only affects input or both in and out.

I can’t use my Bricasti M7 because it won’t clock to the Axe 3 at 48k. I know the Bricasti is capable of operating at 48K, but for some reason the sample rate is not selectable on the M7 and it won’t work off the Axe word clock. Anyone have any ideas how I could make them work? I had no problem with my Eventide Eclipse being the master clock to the M7 in my old rig…

I double checked the Bricasti M7 and Axe manuals, the M7 should clock to the Axe’s 48k with the Axe word clock set to “internal”. But the M7 is seeing 96k, so no sound. When I change the Axe word clock to “SPIDF/AES IN (no clock)” the M7 says “unlocked”, so I know they are connected through AES. It’s interesting that the M7 is reading the Axe’s 48k as 96k, is this some kind of offset problem in the software of the M7? Anybody see a solution?

Back
Top Bottom