Advise please on LCD lamp flicker

NMG

Experienced
Hi everyone , u have an axe fx 2 since 2011. Very recently the back light for the LCD will start to flicker to a lower brightness as if a loose connection was being tweaked a bit. Has anyone witness this behaviour, should I be concerned ?

Many thanks

Latest firmware, no usb

Hi everyone , u have an axe fx 2 since 2011. Very recently the back light for the LCD will start to flicker to a lower brightness as if a loose connection was being tweaked a bit. Has anyone witness this behaviour, should I be concerned ?

Many thanks

Latest firmware, no usb

I have the same version of Axe-Fx II and I've been having the very same issue with the LCD. I thought I was alone!

Any help would be appreciated.

Not all the time for me usual after I switch on and I start tuning up, that is when I notice it. After a while it stops

Happens to me after a while. Every couple of months I have to take the cover off and pull the ribbon cable off that goes to the display and re-seat it. Good to go for a couple more months. The cable isn't loose and the connection/ribbon seems fine. I can wiggle it and get no intermittent problems. It seems to be something that develops over time...like a capacitance.

I took apart the axe fx 2 (not for the first time either) and found the cable end that connects the display was causing the flicker. I swapped the ends (switched the cable direction ) thus putting strain on a fresh end. Seems ok now and display is a lot brighter.

Back
Top Bottom