Advice on selling my fm3+fc6

benbitton

Hi all,
First, apologies for the clickbait title. I received my invite for the fm9 turbo and now looking to sell my current fm3+fc6 setup.
I have never sold anything off reverb and wanted to ask a for advice on a few things before:
1. What is a fair price to sell the setup? (very good condition)
2. What are shipping costs (packaging+ shipping) within the U.S?
3. Any packing advice?

I am not sure if this post violates the rules but if it is please remove.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'd wager he means a FM3 and FC6 together, but yes, the OMG is a layout not a device.

About $900 is the going rate for fm3, fc6’s around $300-350 though I’ve seen them listed a bit higher and sell for a bit less. Not quite the same demand as the fm3

I’d try to find a local buyer so you don’t have to worry about shipping, transaction fees etc

Might need to sweeten the deal a bit for someone to drive up to get, say $850 if they drive from an hour or two away. You end up making the same in the end though after you get fees and shipping expenses

About $900 is the going rate for fm3, fc6’s around $300-350 though I’ve seen them listed a bit higher and sell for a bit less. Not quite the same demand as the fm3

I’d try to find a local buyer so you don’t have to worry about shipping, transaction fees etc

Might need to sweeten the deal a bit for someone to drive up to get, say $850 if they drive from an hour or two away. You end up making the same in the end though after you get fees and shipping expenses
Thanks, surprising enough I posted them for 1,250 though I can let it go for less. I'm not strap for cash so I can wait with it to find a local buyer. I wanted to get a perspective of someone who sold on reverb.

I've sold and bought a few things off of Reverb:

1. I would recommend using Reverb itself to judge the market. They will let you know if you're priced competitively. In general things are more expensive than a local purchase because sellers are trying to offset fees. I'm also seeing sellers up the shipping cost and lowering the purchase price. Don't forget that tax might be added to your sale.
2. All the major shippers have shipping calculators, so use them. Word of advice, I usually add 10% to the estimate to cover surprises and my own trouble. I started doing that after feeling I was losing out after shipping expenses were deducted when I first started selling online.
3. Hopefully, you've saved the packaging the units came in, so use that if it's available.

Try to sell local first. You'll save hassle, price it lower, and still probably walk away with more $$$. FB market place is great.

Keep in mind the possible tax implications of selling on Reverb now. I agree with the above; just try to sell locally.

It's your call whether you insist on selling the items as a packaged deal or if you're willing to sell them separately. There are pros and cons to both, but if it were me, I'd sell them separately, and offer maybe $100 off if they bought both items together.

Keep in mind the possible tax implications of selling on Reverb now. I agree with the above; just try to sell locally.

It's your call whether you insist on selling the items as a packaged deal or if you're willing to sell them separately. There are pros and cons to both, but if it were me, I'd sell them separately, and offer maybe $100 off if they bought both items together.
Yeah that sounds like a good strategy. Thanks!

craigslist is your friend. You will make more because you won't have fees, the buyer will pay less because there are no taxes and you don't have to artificially inflate the price. Everyone wins and you shouldn't have any trouble selling quickly as long as your price is reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom