Advice needed on tweaking my Ultra to resolve an issue

On the clean channel.. the Shiva to me is very "Twin-like"... very loud with very little distortion unless you are way loud (at my settings)

I typically have the volume on the channel set to about 5-5.. and the master between 2 & 4 depending on the size of the gig. But even that is pretty darn loud.

I used to use a Dr.Z EZG-50.. but I thought the clean channel of the Shiva was fatter & better sounding... so I sold the DRZ... and you know the Z's are known for the clean sound

HillbillySims said:
On the clean channel.. the Shiva to me is very "Twin-like"... very loud with very little distortion unless you are way loud (at my settings)

I typically have the volume on the channel set to about 5-5.. and the master between 2 & 4 depending on the size of the gig. But even that is pretty darn loud.

I used to use a Dr.Z EZG-50.. but I thought the clean channel of the Shiva was fatter & better sounding... so I sold the DRZ... and you know the Z's are known for the clean sound

Lots of folks here seem to really like the Axe's Shiva Clean sim.
Try similar settings to get started with.

Also, if you have an Ultra, you might consider using the MBC to smooth out the dynamic response of a particular frequency range...

Guys... I did your suggestions & it smoothed those high strings out... and ALSO made them "jump out" like they were not previously doing.

Very happy!

HillbillySims said:
Guys... I did your suggestions & it smoothed those high strings out... and ALSO made them "jump out" like they were not previously doing.

Very happy!

I was pretty sure that would do the trick. Glad to hear it's working for you!

I'm looking forward to checking out one of your patches one day once you've got everything up and running. I'm always curious to see how country players get their tones.

D

Back
Top Bottom