Advice for stereo setup

naka2112

Inspired
Hi guys

When I use a distortion sound, I pretty much only use a bit of delay. If I'm splitting the signal at the outputs to left and right, other than the echo bouncing back and forth, will it sound much different than mono? What can I do to make it sound more stereo sounding?

Thanks

Set one side of the delay to be out of phase. Or use a delay that has this set by default like the 2290 model.

Yes, put it at the end.
I put it before the cab block at the end of the chain. However, I put it after the fx loop block, so the signal going to output 2 (my amp & cab) don't get the ehnancer, but the desk & PA do. Works best for me.

What does the enhancer really do? I know I could find that online, but I'm at work and sometimes an explanation from someone who's used it is more insightful. Especially when they're an afx user.

What does the enhancer really do? I know I could find that online, but I'm at work and sometimes an explanation from someone who's used it is more insightful. Especially when they're an afx user.

Enhancer block - Axe-Fx II Wiki

In (my) laymans terms it creates a pseudo wider stereo effect .... it's quite pleasing when listening on your own but in a live band situation it can dilute your tone and lose you in the mix a bit if overdone

That's kind of what I figured. I'm making some new presets tonight, so I'll toy with that a little and see how it sounds with the band on Wednesday.

I'm not a giant fan of the Enhancer block, but other people love it. I run a stereo setup and for me, the Stereo Tape delay can't be beat. It sounds fantastic and the delays get more "out of sync" in an analog fashion as the delay repeats out. I love it.

We'll see how it grows on me.. and how it sounds live. I just see it as serving an entirely different purpose than the stereo tape delay, which is also in my patch.

Im using too one delay end of chain to emulate that two guitars doubler trick ,im interested to see how you set that delay and what settings there are. If you could share some photos us to see settings ,or some preset where you have those settings?

I'm not a giant fan of the Enhancer block, but other people love it. I run a stereo setup and for me, the Stereo Tape delay can't be beat. It sounds fantastic and the delays get more "out of sync" in an analog fashion as the delay repeats out. I love it.

I'll post my settings later. I've got class tonight, so I'll be away until nearly midnight CST. My settings aren't anything way out of the ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom