Adventures of Ellie the snake part 3, also ends well

Dave Merrill

Axe-Master
As noted in parts 1 and 2, Ellie the corn snake has gotten out of her tank twice, and been recovered both times.

Well, it happened again. I was freshening her water, didn't see her, took most of the bedding out to look for her, definitely not there.

But, right after that, I was vacuuming up the mess I made doing that, and there she was, scooting along the wall near the tanks. I was able to grab her and get her back in. Good answer!

No fricking idea how she got out. Saw her in there 2 or 3 days ago. It's been just me taking care of her, and I'm VERY careful. The slightly janky door is wired shut with a piece of coat hanger, very tight and sturdy. Really don't get it.

But clearly she can get out of that tank, so I've got a new one coming tomorrow. And my fingers crossed until then.

If anyone has any ideas on very very snake-proof tanks, by all means speak up. The new one is a 40 gal Zilla Critter Cage, pretty much the same size as her current one. That's the brand recommended by my favorite local reptile shop. They're not open until Tuesday to ask about this specific model, but under the circumstances I don't want to wait until then, so here's hoping.

Never a dull moment...

Back
Top Bottom