Adrian Belew axe-fx reactor FR video

A happy parade of Fractal smiles. I like how he says this box will "ultimately drive me crazy". LOL

It's such fun and so refreshing to see an artist, a true artist, just having fun creating sounds and music with joy.

And it is cool he has the same chair I do (that's a Swopper for those that don't know). Nice.

A bit of a change of speed after reading folks posting negatively about well, everything lately.

Thank you Adrian for reminding us what it's really all about. Making music and sounds.

Adrian, if you see this, recall that I interviewed you for the Brown Daily Herald after your band's show at Brown University in 1984 (Twang Bar Tour). You wrote "Adidas in heat" on my shirt. (Still have a copy of the article I wrote.)
Love to see some of your presets: Elephant Talk and The Great Curve (from Remain in Light) would be high on my wish list.
In any case, you rawk!

+1 on what Scott said. Thanks Adrian!!!!

I've been a fan of his stuff for, well, forever. Oddly enough, listening to his Crimson era, I always imagined Adrian as a dark sombre fella, with a drop-dead expression on his face. And here he is on a Fractal video, looking like a kid with a new toy. Funny faces and wacky jumping up and down in his seat while he's having a ball with the Axe. Amazing. I love it.

Adrian has more talent and creativity in his little pinky than most of those claiming they can't live without the mythical "last 10%" of tube tone. :D

bolts said:
Thats a sweet chair!

OT: yea, it really is. I went from an Aeron to this thing and I've owned it for about 4-5 years now. It's really a different experience, but I love the thing. Great for tracking too - you can bounce to the beat.

/topic (sorry!)

Sixstring said:
steverosburg said:
Hilarious. Anybody know what stand Adrian is using for his Axe-Fx?

Looks like a standard music stand you would get from GC.

Thanks... the stands I usually use have enough trouble just holding themselves up, so the though of flipping one around and setting something on top like this never occurred to me!

Ha ha, wow, he is just like a kid on Christmas with that! You kind of forget sometimes that making sounds and just seeing what you can come up with is such a big part of the fun of music. I need to just have a night of making sounds soon.

Scott Peterson said:
bolts said:
Thats a sweet chair!

OT: yea, it really is. I went from an Aeron to this thing and I've owned it for about 4-5 years now. It's really a different experience, but I love the thing. Great for tracking too - you can bounce to the beat.

/topic (sorry!)

And the chair is ??

Scott Peterson said:
bolts said:
Thats a sweet chair!

/topic (sorry!)

Does the chair have a crack in it? :cool:

miki777 said:
Scott Peterson said:
bolts said:
Thats a sweet chair!

/topic (sorry!)

And the chair is ??

It's called the "Swopper". It's expensive, but worth it. Very high quality. It's a different thing, that's for sure. You don't realize what it can do for you until you try it. It forces you to sit up and move; you can't 'slouch' on it. In essence, it's similar to sitting on an exercise ball in practice; you are working your core to hold you steady. I use it as my primary office chair and have for a number of years; it doubles as my guitar playing chair too. I love the thing.

And Yek... no crack. ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom