Adjustment in the "Perform 1" layout - FC-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

amerykanin

What I'd like to achieve

In the ideal world, I'd like to have "Perform 1" allowing me to go through the consecutive presets using the top row of switches, and the "Preset" layout to go through the consecutive presets using all 10 switches.

What's the problem?

In the "Perform 1" layout, top row of switches is used to pick the preset. What's problematic, is that "bank + 1" and "bank - 1" change the offset by 10, because the default bank size is equal to 10. As a result, we can view presets 000 - 003, then 010 - 013, 020 - 023 etc.

If I change in the settings the bank size to 4, it works great for the "Perform 1" view, where I can go through consecutive presets, but it breaks the "Preset" layout. With the bank size changed, the "Preset" layout is showing consecutive presets in the bottom row, and all the switches in the top row show the same preset.

Did I talk to Fractal support?

Yes, I did. And they've advised me to create a thread here :)

Cheers,
Karol

If I'm interpreting this post correctly, this isn't really a correction to the factory Perform 1 layout, but an ask that the FCs support per-layout bank sizes, right? That's the real need here. Otherwise you're bound to a global bank size on the footswitch that leads to the exact problem you're discussing here.

This has been wished for here already: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wish-bank-size-per-layout.148029/

Can you add your voice to that thread? I'll close this one as a duplicate. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom