Adjusting Output Levels

guitarjim

Experienced
I'm going through Scott Peterson's video on setting levels and he says the first thing to do is to ensure that the In levels and Out levels on the Utility/Status display are about even. On mine, my Out levels are about 20% lower than my In levels. According to the manual, the Out levels are controlled by the Output Levels knobs on the front of the unit. My Output 1 level is currently set to about 3. The odd thing is that even if I crank it all the way up, while the sound through the amp gets louder, the Out levels on the Status display do not increase.

Is there another place to adjust these levels that I missed in my readings?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Use the output level f.e. in the amp block or in the layout menu --> 'out page' to adjust the level for the presets

the meters in the Utility menu show what the axefx is generating inside the unit. the physical output 1 and 2 knobs do NOT affect this meter unless they are turned all the way off.

we just solved a problem in another thread where the Output Level found in the last page of the Layout menu was used to adjust volume between presets, and it caused a major problem when an FX Loop block was also used:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/rigs-routing/64091-patches-leveled-out2-not-leveled-out1.html

for this reason and for simplicity, i recommend only using the Amp Level parameter in the Amp Block (it's repeated a few times in different pages, always the same exact control) to adjust volume between presets. there are so many ways to adjust the level in the Axe and by sticking with just one for overall preset volume, it's easy to adjust later instead of guessing which one you used for that preset.

Back
Top Bottom