Adjusting/balancing highs/lows in the Fractal with the highs/lows from power amp presence and depth controls

Sorenspete

Inspired
Quite the mouthful of a thread title, I know.

One source of option paralysis for me is in trying to reconcile the high/low parameters in the amp block of the Axe-Fx III with the presence/depth controls on my power amp. I tend to use the Mark-style output EQ in the amp block for everything, and I'm sure there's a difference between increasing lows with the depth control on my Fryette 2/90/2 versus maxing out the low-end slider on the output EQ of the amp block. I can safely say that it's handy dialing in bass in the authentic/ideal tab and then adjusting the low-end after the fact, but after that I go cross-eyed trying to decide how much depth to run on the power amp...

Same applies to high-treble, presence, high-cuts, etc...

Does anyone else experience this option paralysis/fatigue?

Pick one that you dont touch. Done.
I think that's kind of what I did. I run mostly boosted lows from the output EQ and then little-to-no depth on the power amp. I guess the only thing I can do is experiment more with it.

I think that's kind of what I did. I run mostly boosted lows from the output EQ and then little-to-no depth on the power amp. I guess the only thing I can do is experiment more with it.
You just said you have option paralysis. Dont touch the power amp.

Back
Top Bottom