Adjacent footswitch color rings blink when bypassing drive block

bebaldwin

Inspired
As the header states, when I bypass the drive block adjacent footswitch color rings blink once. It only does it on the drive block bypass and it doesn't matter which footswitch it's assigned to. Is this normal?

I think you're getting light bleeding from the footswitch you're using.
That's what I was wondering but it only does it on the drive block and it doesn't matter which footswitch I use. I put the drive block on two other foot switches and it did the same thing. None of the other effects that I've tried do it. Maybe there's something in how the drive block bypasses that is causing it.Perhaps it's intentional so that it's easier to see on stage. It doesn't do it when you turn on the drive block though.

That's what I was wondering but it only does it on the drive block and it doesn't matter which footswitch I use. I put the drive block on two other foot switches and it did the same thing. None of the other effects that I've tried do it. Maybe there's something in how the drive block bypasses that is causing it.Perhaps it's intentional so that it's easier to see on stage. It doesn't do it when you turn on the drive block though.
Is it one particular color?

Yes and when I changed some of the other foot switches to that color then they do it too. It's the orange color.
That color tends to be a bit bright. That makes it bleed more into the chassis.

Usually, it's not not a problem. Does it interfere with your ability to discern what the lights are telling you?

Strange behavior. I don't get any light bleed between switches. Even with the brightest setting next to a switch that's completely off while in a dark room. They seem to be pretty well shielded from that internally, at least on my Mark 1 FC-12.

That color tends to be a bit bright. That makes it bleed more into the chassis.

Usually, it's not not a problem. Does it interfere with your ability to discern what the lights are telling you?
No, not at all I just thought there might be something wrong with the unit. It only occurs for a brief second when I go to bypass. When I switch it on it doesn't do it.

Strange behavior. I don't get any light bleed between switches. Even with the brightest setting next to a switch that's completely off while in a dark room. They seem to be pretty well shielded from that internally, at least on my Mark 1 FC-12.
This is the Mark II so I don't know if the lights are brighter on this unit. Maybe the larger mini screens have something to do with it as well. They could be reflecting the light more and more sensitive to the orange color.

Back
Top Bottom