Added my U2 presets to Axe-Change

I just discovered this thread and I am really curious about testing this MW preset. It's been the holy grail to dial that tone in, and nobody yet produced a result that would substitute the A3 (I still kept mine just for this song). Thanks for sharing, Chadwick.

Same situation over here. Got my Axe III three weeks ago - still programming our setlist into it. And when Cygnus is out, I'll probably start from scratch. But hey, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

I checked the MW and I have to say that this is really the best version I've ever seen. It comes close, but it still keeps me holding on to my A3. I also liked the other patches (expecially Pride). They're much better than what you can buy or learn from tutorials.

Last edited:
Same situation over here. Got my Axe III three weeks ago - still programming our setlist into it. And when Cygnus is out, I'll probably start from scratch. But hey, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

I checked the MW and I have to say that this is really the best version I've ever seen. It comes close, but it still keeps me holding on to my A3. I also liked the other patches (expecially Pride). They're much better than what you can buy or learn from tutorials. The Elevation intro sound sucks though - the Kay Fuzz pedal is also not quite easy to dial in.
Glad you’re finding the presets somewhat helpful. From my experience I’ve found the envelope filter settings are extremely finicky for Mysterious Ways from guitar to guitar to get the feel similar to the A3. A Rickenbacker 12 string is a significant part of that sound too. Still on the bucket list to get one. I have a Korg A3 too and I found the Flanger is also a really important part of that sound which I haven’t got quite matched up with the Axe Fx. If you’re not happy with what you’re hearing I’d point you towards the envelope control first, to get the feel you like, then try adjust the filter blocks to get more or less low end different filter tone. But that flanger and the amount of gain you dial in are also important. MWays a tough sound to get right... I’ve messed with it on and off for 15 years with every axe fx since the standard.

Glad you’re finding the presets somewhat helpful. From my experience I’ve found the envelope filter settings are extremely finicky for Mysterious Ways from guitar to guitar to get the feel similar to the A3. A Rickenbacker 12 string is a significant part of that sound too. Still on the bucket list to get one. I have a Korg A3 too and I found the Flanger is also a really important part of that sound which I haven’t got quite matched up with the Axe Fx. If you’re not happy with what you’re hearing I’d point you towards the envelope control first, to get the feel you like, then try adjust the filter blocks to get more or less low end different filter tone. But that flanger and the amount of gain you dial in are also important. MWays a tough sound to get right... I’ve messed with it on and off for 15 years with every axe fx since the standard.
How did you get time right when the filter closes down to this whoosh sound? That sound itself, but especially the timing of the bridge from the open to the closed filter seem to be key to the MW sound I believe. Congrats again to the quality of your presets and thanks for sharing them.

How did you get time right when the filter closes down to this whoosh sound? That sound itself, but especially the timing of the bridge from the open to the closed filter seem to be key to the MW sound I believe. Congrats again to the quality of your presets and thanks for sharing them.

Here check this thread out. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/u2-mysterious-ways-preset-tutorial.161598/

I added a video explaining the different settings you may want to tweak for your guitar. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom