Added my U2 presets to Axe-Change

Chadwick

Inspired
I have some down time with my wedding band these days, so I took some time to dial in some old favourites these last two months and upload them all today. Hope they help some folks out! Let me know if you have any questions!

Presets were mostly made with "the edge stratocaster" and some were made with my 74 Les Paul Custom - but I've used both to play and they both work for the most part...

Last edited:
Hey thank you so much for this but the presets won’t upload to my Axe FX 3. After they save the preset slot goes blank. I have rebooted my mac and Axe Edit several times and am getting the same result. Any ideas why? 😩

Hey thank you so much for this but the presets won’t upload to my Axe FX 3. After they save the preset slot goes blank. I have rebooted my mac and Axe Edit several times and am getting the same result. Any ideas why? 😩

Firmware version, loaded fine with 12.08 beta.

How is Mysterious Ways translating to other people's setups? I worked on this preset using my Edge Strat on the bridge pickup. For me it's the closest to the A3 I have ever got over the last ten years. After I added the wah in parallel with the two filter blocks - something I haven't seen from other presets shared - that really seemed to close the gap on the feel and sound I thought. The updates to the flanger block also allowed me to get pretty close to the A3 preset when I was A/B'ing - The flanger block in the A3 alone without the envelope filter block on almost does like a filtering whoosh that I can't quite get dialed in to behave the same. But when I listen to all the versions of Mysterious ways - Edge's sound differs a lot.... so I'm not losing any sleep over the slight difference. For myself, the feel and sound is so close I don't miss the A3 at all. It's just kinda fun to A/B the axe and the A3 to see how the effect parameters correlate or not and what parameters in the A3 are baked into the effect algorithm that you can't adjust. I love all the options in the Axe Fx - never gets boring haha

How is Mysterious Ways translating to other people's setups? I worked on this preset using my Edge Strat on the bridge pickup. For me it's the closest to the A3 I have ever got over the last ten years. After I added the wah in parallel with the two filter blocks - something I haven't seen from other presets shared - that really seemed to close the gap on the feel and sound I thought. The updates to the flanger block also allowed me to get pretty close to the A3 preset when I was A/B'ing - The flanger block in the A3 alone without the envelope filter block on almost does like a filtering whoosh that I can't quite get dialed in to behave the same. But when I listen to all the versions of Mysterious ways - Edge's sound differs a lot.... so I'm not losing any sleep over the slight difference. For myself, the feel and sound is so close I don't miss the A3 at all. It's just kinda fun to A/B the axe and the A3 to see how the effect parameters correlate or not and what parameters in the A3 are baked into the effect algorithm that you can't adjust. I love all the options in the Axe Fx - never gets boring haha
I have the original Korg and I like your patch way better! Great work. The only two patches not sounding so great are Discotecque (I used the special IR) and The Fly. Everything else though are awesome. Thank you again for this.

I have the original Korg and I like your patch way better! Great work. The only two patches not sounding so great are Discotecque (I used the special IR) and The Fly. Everything else though are awesome. Thank you again for this.

oh right on : ) I’m glad you enjoy them. Yeah some you win, some ya don’t haha.

Wow. Two filters AND a wah. Plus a pitch shifter to emulate a 12 string? :)

It sounds really good on my strat. It is a bit dark on my Les Paul. I'll try compensating with some EQ or modifying the envelope follower. I created a patch on my AF2/AX8 long ago and had issues with the patch being very guitar dependent. Yours is more accurate and forgiving. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Wow. Two filters AND a wah. Plus a pitch shifter to emulate a 12 string? :)

It sounds really good on my strat. It is a bit dark on my Les Paul. I'll try compensating with some EQ or modifying the envelope follower. I created a patch on my AF2/AX8 long ago and had issues with the patch being very guitar dependent. Yours is more accurate and forgiving. :)

Thanks for sharing.

ahh the pitch shift thing is just for pissin around haha, I prefer it without. Check out the tremelo block with a stereo setup. It’s fun for something different - the Slane Castle version from the DVD kinda does what I set the tremelo block up to do - you get it to swoosh from one speaker to the other.

This is great. I bought a MW preset as part of a pack that cost a lot (admittedly it is from the II converted to III) and think that yours sounds better. And it’s free :) Nice work.

These presets are AWESOME!!! I was blown away this afternoon. 2 hours slipped right by as I got lost in them. I was not comparing them to the songs they were crafted for I was just stumbling through the scenes blindly. Lots of great inspiring tones expertly dialed in. Now I need to go study the source more closely. I've always enjoyed U2 but not really studied the band.

Back
Top Bottom