Add preset without Overwriting existing?

Hello,

Just got my first axe fx 2. Pretty overwhelmed but just want to know how to add presets from sites

like this without overwriting whats already in there.

Thanks!

Hello,

Just got my first axe fx 2. Pretty overwhelmed but just want to know how to add presets from sites

like this without overwriting whats already in there.

Thanks!

You can't, but you can always reload the factory presets if you choose.

Danny W.

Just remember that unless you save it there is nothing stored to the AxeFX so you can audition and try out as many as you like.

And while quite a bit of the stock patches are cool there are plenty that you could probably live without.

And while quite a bit of the stock patches are cool there are plenty that you could probably live without.

Good point! When I first got my II I auditioned all the presets and managed to find enough to delete to free up exactly one complete bank. That still left 256 factory presets that I thought could be useful, which makes for a much higher batting average than with any other modeler I've owned.

Of course I have to check them all out again with V5 :lol

Danny W.

Sos how do you Delete a bank? (or do you just go in and set eveything to shunts manually on that Preset?)

You can always save a preset to your axe-edit preset folder and decide later on if you want to import it to the Axe-Fx. F.Y.I.
:)

Here's what I do.

I load each of the 3 banks with factory presets into Axe-Edit and then export all presets into a folder "All" on my desktop.
I audit all presets using Axe-Edit. With each preset I decide if I want to keep it or archive it. So I move the preset from the folder "All" into a folder "Keep" or a folder "Archive". At the end "All" is empty and all presets are divided between Keep and Archive.
This exercise has to be performed only once.

I then sort "Keep" by alphabet. I upload the collection into my Axe-Fx, making sure that the preset with the last alphab. char. fills slot 384.

All remaining slots (starting from the beginning) are empty and can be used for my own stuff.

When updated firmware banks are released, I export the presets again, select the ones which match my "Keep" folder (takes 10 min.), and upload those, overwriting the previous ones in my Axe-Fx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom