Wish Add channels and scene ignore to MIDI block

Would be nice to send different MIDI commands using MIDI block channels, and to have scene ignore function. It would be more flexible than just using CS switches.

Last edited:
+1 to this request! Here are some details as to how this would be a game changer in my gig prep:

My rig is an AxeFx3 + FC6 + pedal drawer (pedals controlled via RJM mini effect gizmo). I use per-song presets to get song specific tempo, time-based effects (mods, delay, verb). Scenes then are song sections that send midi to the pedal loops and switch channels on various blocks. Most other blocks (amp, cab, compression) are global blocks that I keep consistent for each song: basically if I want to change out amps, I tend to prefer my amps to be consistent the whole show. The midi block can't be global, but I only have 4 sets of messages I want programmed (perfect for channels), and if it were global w/ channels I could treat it that way.

The goal, IMO, is to get the midi block workflow into the scene manager. When I'm making or tweaking a preset, I can very quickly get an overview of how I setup a song via the scene manager in Axe Edit, which is great! I can just load a base preset and build out all my song sections super quick from the scene manager. However, the one thing I can't do there is include my midi messages -- I have to switch to each scene individually and manually type in midi messages, even when I'm just switching between the same 4 sets of CC messages.

Even if the midi block could only operate on a "per-scene" vs. "channel" mode for the preset (mixing them would get confusing to implement?), that would be fine for me.

Thanks for making such great gear!

Even if the midi block could only operate on a "per-scene" vs. "channel" mode for the preset (mixing them would get confusing to implement?), that would be fine for me.
I may be misunderstanding you here, but the MIDI block does work per scene. I'm able to send different MIDI commands for each scene

My goal here is not to get an external MIDI foot controller just to achieve this. I need to control an external MIDI amp and other MIDI devices. Having channels and scene ignore with the MIDI block will let me create scenes for effects in my AXE3, and at the same time have independent channel switching of external MIDI devices.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom