Add A Metronome To Any Preset or Use Standalone

OSAR

Here’s a way to add a metronome to any preset using only a Synth and PanTrm block. You can use a footswitch to bypass the synth and stop the sound or use a pedal to control the volume like I do. The scene’s have variations of square and sawtooth waves at 500 Hz but you can experiment with different waves, frequencies and pitch shifts.

The key to the metronome is the PanTrm block after the Synth block. Set the LFO Type to Square, the LFO Duty Cycle to about 5% and the Depth to 100%. Set the Tempo to any division of the preset BPM.

I run two synth blocks with only one on at a time and use all 4 channels for more tonal options.

You could add a Sequencer controller to accent specific beats.

I’m including a basic preset with only the metronome (KLH Synth Metronome) and one with an full chain of amps and effects (KLH Clean Amps + Metronome).

The included pictures show the two Synth blocks, PanTrm block and Level Modifier for the Clean Amps preset. Another picture shows a basic metronome only preset with different tonal options for each scene.

KLH Synth Metronome -Synth1 Block.jpg KLH Synth Metronome -Synth2 Block.jpg KLH Synth Metronome -PanTrm1 Block.jpg KLH Synth Metronome -Synth1 Block Modifier.jpg KLH Synth Metronome.jpg

Attachments

• KLH Synth Metronome.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
  • KLH Clean Amps + Metronome.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Aside from controlling accents, why not use the (global) metronome that already exists in the Axe Fx III?

Because you can't easily switch the global metronome on/off or control the volume instantly with a pedal. We guitar players like to get instant results with our feet!

Because you can't easily switch the global metronome on/off or control the volume instantly with a pedal. We guitar players like to get instant results with our feet!
Fair enough. I would likely never need any of those features which explains why I wouldn't think of those abilities ;)

Nice option for those who need it.

Thanks for sharing, very nice trick, I always wanted CC control on the metronome to play and stop at will. I’ll use it to give the exact tempo my drummer.

Back
Top Bottom