Ada mp-1 can we confirm it will never happen or is it still a maybe?

The only reason to want this modeled is romanticism and if that’s the case, just buy the hardware. There is nothing particularly spectacular about the MP1. Just my unsolicited free opinion shouted into the vastness of the internet.
Well with that logic, we would not have a single Marshall then!

Yes you could probably get that sound with what’s already in the box. Just like we could approximate a klon sound before the model was added. We are surely reaching a point where we could get just about any sound.

But nostalgia and romanticism are feelings, and feelings affect how we hear things. I never craved a klon as I’ve never played a real one, but putting it on my grid… what can I say, it makes me feel nice and gives me a sense of confidence that I’m playing with legendary gear. I know it’s artificial and a bit silly, but the limbic system in my brain doesn’t care!

Well, for me it’s more about replicating shreddy lead tones that were made with the unit (Extreme, Testament, Metallica, Paul Gilbert, etc.). I think the amount of noise is what’s undesirable, and I think replicating the noise is what made this a no go. Not just for fractal but all the other modelers as well. The only emulation I have is the Nembrini plugin, which has an unreal amount of noise (thank god they included a gate).
So long as you remember the tones on the record were produced to what we ended up hearing. Without that level of production, you may not be as enthusiastic about an MP1. I’m not shitting all over the unit, but the status it has among our thing I feel is 80% re living the past. Hey, I wouldn’t mind an 83 Camaro again, either. But I remember the t tops always leaked and the ride sucked. Still would be cool tho.

Yes you could probably get that sound with what’s already in the box. Just like we could approximate a klon sound before the model was added. We are surely reaching a point where we could get just about any sound.

But nostalgia and romanticism are feelings, and feelings affect how we hear things. I never craved a klon as I’ve never played a real one, but putting it on my grid… what can I say, it makes me feel nice and gives me a sense of confidence that I’m playing with legendary gear. I know it’s artificial and a bit silly, but the limbic system in my brain doesn’t care!
Yea man. Thanks for saying what I wanted to say in a less Aholeish way than I did but yes. This. Everything this.

One thing I figured out a week ago after all these years is there is no such thing as a go to drive model. I finally did some experimenting and after using the ts808 mod drive on everything I found I get better tones trying different drives for each model.
When I get back to the studio I’m going to post a list of the best drives for each model for me. They give each other the perfect compliment of gain sustain and (in my head) wave shape falling into place. Kind of like a perfectly tuned motor. I do not know what this is called but I can hear it and feel it. Some work with each other while others work against each other. I spent many hours testing the different drives with each type of amp. I think some of you will find this helpful but everyone has a different ear

When I get back to the studio I’m going to post a list of the best drives for each model for me. They give each other the perfect compliment of gain sustain and (in my head) wave shape falling into place. Kind of like a perfectly tuned motor. I do not know what this is called but I can hear it and feel it. Some work with each other while others work against each other. I spent many hours testing the different drives with each type of amp. I think some of you will find this helpful but everyone has a different ear
Should be interesting at least.
Bring it on, and thank you in advance :)

Where do i find this pm? I dont see it anywhere? I have not had anybody pm me before on here
On my phone, in the top bar with the Fractal logo, there's an envelope icon between the square thing that's a link to my stuff and the bell icon that's my alerts. I'm pretty sure you'll find it if you look through the menus too.

Back
Top Bottom