Ada mp-1 can we confirm it will never happen or is it still a maybe?

only Cliff knows, but as requested as its been, if it hasn't happened by now...

That being said, there's gotta be plenty of ways to get that tone already in the box...

Not sure if I'm saying this correctly but having had a Fractal since the Ultra came out one thing I've witnessed is many times an amp, by design or name, isn't necessarily the amp that gives you the sound you want once you plug your style and guitar into it.

In other words your best Marshall 'sound' may not be a Marshall amp. Your best AC20 or 30 sound may not be from a Vox amp. I clung onto gear I swore I would never get rid of it and then sold it piece by piece as I nailed it's mojo. My Marshall JMP-1 was one of the last to go and I nailed the tone with the Solo 99 amp with my gear. Well nailed it except it was in stereo and didn't have all the noise that the original did.

Not sure if I'm saying this correctly but having had a Fractal since the Ultra came out one thing I've witnessed is many times an amp, by design or name, isn't necessarily the amp that gives you the sound you want once you plug your style and guitar into it.

In other words your best Marshall 'sound' may not be a Marshall amp. Your best AC20 or 30 sound may not be from a Vox amp. I clung onto gear I swore I would never get rid of it and then sold it piece by piece as I nailed it's mojo. My Marshall JMP-1 was one of the last to go and I nailed the tone with the Solo 99 amp with my gear. Well nailed it except it was in stereo and didn't have all the noise that the original did.
Would love to see that setting that you used. As I am looking to get rid of my real jmp-1 so if you chould share that would be great

Would love to see that setting that you used...
So this preset migrated all the way from the Ultra ergo the name. It was originally a factory preset called Subway Verb I just backed the verb down a bit and it sounded exactly like my JMP-1 regarding a clean sound. I converted this to the XL and then later to the III and have tweaked here and there. Not only is it my go to clean sound but I downloaded dozens and dozens of bass presets and to this day, on the songs I play bass on, this preset sounds better than all of them including the ones I paid for.

I currently run an ESP LTD EC-1000 Evertune as my primary guitar but have also used it with my 77 LP, PRS DGT SE, Fender American Ultra Tele, Deusenberg lap steel, Mullen Pedal Steel, and 5 or 6 other guitars primarily only changing the volume to match pickup output. If you are looking for distortion side different story. While it does get a good distortion with the drive block I don't know how that compares to the JMP-1 distortion. I didn't use it. I use a Marshall Plexi 50 preset for primary Marshall crunch. Hope it helps. As you might expect YMMV.

Attachments

• 000_My Ultra Verb.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
holding me back from going full fractal for everything.
So does that mean you have a Fractal now, but still supplement it with an MP-1, or you haven't yet taken the Fractal dive at all?

I too have an MP-1, and rocked it for over 2 decades with a Mesa Stereo 50/50, but there are so many other great tones in the Fractal, that I hardly ever even fire it up any more.

Something to consider...

I would love to know one way or the other. Its the only thing holding me back from going full fractal for everything.
Here is 2 different one's from Leon Todd

Attachments

• ADA LT-1 Ver.2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ADA MP-1 MATCH (1).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
So does that mean you have a Fractal now, but still supplement it with an MP-1, or you haven't yet taken the Fractal dive at all?

I too have an MP-1, and rocked it for over 2 decades with a Mesa Stereo 50/50, but there are so many other great tones in the Fractal, that I hardly ever even fire it up any more.

Something to consider...
I have a axe fx 2 xl. and I have a mp1. Would love to get a axe fx 3 though. i have heard how good the new marhsall jmp-1 is so that is covered. now i i just need the ada. I do alot of white lion and extreme and that is the sound on there early records. Nothing comes close. So hence the old back.

I have a axe fx 2 xl. and I have a mp1. Would love to get a axe fx 3 though. i have heard how good the new marhsall jmp-1 is so that is covered. now i i just need the ada. I do alot of white lion and extreme and that is the sound on there early records. Nothing comes close. So hence the old back.
Gotchya. Well here's something else to think about...
Since the MP-1 is just a preamp, and the pre amp and power amps in all the amp models in the Fractal system are not able to be separated, if/when the MP-1 is modeled, it will be paired with whatever power amp Cliff chooses. Which may or may not be what you're used to, or desire.

Gotchya. Well here's something else to think about...
Since the MP-1 is just a preamp, and the pre amp and power amps in all the amp models in the Fractal system are not able to be separated, if/when the MP-1 is modeled, it will be paired with whatever power amp Cliff chooses. Which may or may not be what you're used to, or desire.
I think that’s unfortunate, wish they were two separate blocks. Using old Metallica as an example, Mesa IIC+ (slaved) into a Marshall JCM 800 power amp. Could also open the door to modeling super expensive hi-fi tube power amps, like McIntosh for instance.

The only reason to want this modeled is romanticism and if that’s the case, just buy the hardware. There is nothing particularly spectacular about the MP1. Just my unsolicited free opinion shouted into the vastness of the internet.
Well, for me it’s more about replicating shreddy lead tones that were made with the unit (Extreme, Testament, Metallica, Paul Gilbert, etc.). I think the amount of noise is what’s undesirable, and I think replicating the noise is what made this a no go. Not just for fractal but all the other modelers as well. The only emulation I have is the Nembrini plugin, which has an unreal amount of noise (thank god they included a gate).

Always a chuckle to hear familiar amp model wish poopooing comments suggesting "naa, that tone is already in the box via ... ..." given we have 300+ applauded models already in the can, including a # of subtle variations. MP-1 seems just as valid a wish as any other, if not more given its historic status and continued popularity as a sought after vintage piece. (getting a wish eta confirmation tho, seems like a pipe dream).

Last edited:

One thing I figured out a week ago after all these years is there is no such thing as a go to drive model. I finally did some experimenting and after using the ts808 mod drive on everything I found I get better tones trying different drives for each model.

Reactions: mwd
Back
Top Bottom