Active 12" around $300?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Is their such an animal? Don't play any metal, don't need hi hi gain-lots of blues, some crunchy rock and, etc and this is mostly for me and -Small venues.
Thanks
Frank

Kind of puts me in the Samson and Peavey range? Not too thrilling-The peaveys even $399. Saw a Mackie 350 10" for $499-Hmm Dilema. I remember the critique of that Kustom 12" for $119-Seems too cheap. But I guess so does my $300 budget.

You can find used Mackie SRM450s in this price range, as well as powered extension cabs like the Tech21 PE60.

Look for one of the old model Atomic Reactors. I see people right now trying to get $500 for them but they usually sell for around $300 sometimes less. It is a clean tube power section and a relatively flat response speaker so you can run with the power amp and cab sims on.
I have one and play the same kind of stuff you do and these will do the job really well.
They are probably not completely FRFR but much closer than any guitar cabinet and even the 18 watt version is quite loud. There is also a 50 watt version that sometimes sells for the same price range. you just plug into the effects return input on the back which eliminates dealing with all the stuff in the top cavity designed to accommodate the old pods etc.

I put mine side by side with my old Fender Deluxe Reverb and was able to replicate my favorite settings on the Fender with the AxeFx running into the Atomic. I sold the Fender shortly after that and 3 other tube amps and haven't missed them at all.

here's a link to a completed auction on ebay so you can see what they are click here

Back
Top Bottom